Does size matter?

wasp

Legendary member
Everyone has different systems, styles and strategies, and surely everyone has their own equipment requirements and ideals...

For a newbie, what would be the minimum ideal computer set up?

Why not, for example, buy a second hand basic PC, have one screen, use dial up and be succesful?

So much talk of multi screens and ADSL and state of the art this that an the other....

Surely if you are not scalping, it shouldn't make much difference?

Your post largely answers itself, tailor your system to your trading needs. Only yu know those.

Start with what you have already got and as you go along you will begin to know whether or not you need to add to it.

I have a good PC ( but nothing special ), one screen, a very fast ADSL internet connection ( fast for my son who is into internet games ), a surge protector, a telephone, a mobile and a case of cider for emergencies.

I have added nothing in 2 years although the cider does get replenished frequently.

:p

Ideally ADSL/Broadband connection, when you need to buy or sell, its got to be fast, dial up is painfully slow, a reliable pc, that works ,lots of traders have started out with basic equipment and when able have invested in good high quality spec equipment, its a great huge learning curve, on one hand mistakes and failure are common to all, but on the other an excellent tutor,

Good Luck

To the OP

QUIT NOW....2 late

Watching South Park this weekend I thought of a potential avatar pic for you.

Balls.jpeg