Does anyone trade dollar crosses on Labour Day.

Mr Fox

Established member
As per title I was wondering if anyone trades cable, or Euro/dollar on Labour day, as last year it was over a weekend, and I cant get any historical data on a 5 min chart to go back another year.

Thoughts, tips, advice will be greatly appreciated, which basically means I shall either go to bed, or get more drunk, and have a sleep-in tomorrow.
:p

As per title I was wondering if anyone trades cable, or Euro/dollar on Labour day, as last year it was over a weekend, and I cant get any historical data on a 5 min chart to go back another year.

Thoughts, tips, advice will be greatly appreciated, which basically means I shall either go to bed, or get more drunk, and have a sleep-in tomorrow.
:p

I automate and I will trade the Euro from 730 to 1630 using 1 qtr sizes in case there are any extraordinary moves. Unlikely given the sleepiness of the London session lately until NY comes online. Some of this can be attributed to the August lull and you could say that thanks to Labour day, that may last another day or week.

If you're discretionary I wouldn't bother as you might sit there all day with zero happening.