Do you trade forex via smart phone?

For sure I use smart phone as hot spot when I need it, it is also a very affordable way to ensure one has another internet access just in case of the emergency.
I do not trade from the phone itself, my strategy works better using multi screen set up, where I can follow several charts. I also think I most probably will not be focussed well enough for profitable trading just using the smart phone with its small screen.
That is me, but others might differ.
I prefer to trade few hours being well focussed and having good access to an everlasting flow of tea/coffee or fruit juices.
I do not have compulsion to trade all hours, and all markets, even if that was remotely possible.:):cool:
2be

Last edited:
it is also a very affordable way to ensure one has another internet access just in case of the emergency. 2be

Very good point.
Sometimes (during major news) metatrader could become slow to respond, so I use the mobile to close positions.

only for checking my active entry trade, and for and emergency exit trade. never use for initial entry trade while access my account through mobile platform, not yet have the gut to put market analysis using mobile chart platform.

I think its impossible to do so because you can not do proper analysis. Only if you have predefined entry point you can use smartphone to enter the trade

hi ezikel,

its nice option but i wouldn't prefer trading rather than my pc, to me the environment of trading should be prepared for myself to feel comfortable trading, however its a good option for those whom aren't able to sit in front of pc all day .

Good Luck !!

I have used applications provided by a brokerage firm on my phone before

I always analyse the market before entering a position. Smart phone is not practical for it. But for managing I think it's OK. Sometimes I use it for moving SL level or if I see a sign for closing I close the trade.

If you do your analysis, open a position, adjust SL and TP on your laptop/desktop then just observing the markets through mobile phone would be fine. Especially for long-term positions.

The only grip I have about mt4 mobile is the inability to generate stops and targets as well as move them by dragging them on the screen. Apart from that I use it all the time

Only manage positions, research is done with the laptop and needs to be done in a calmer and quieter place. But for checking how things are unfolding and reading an article or two - yeah I use the apps.

Yes, we can trade forex via smartphone. Many applications available for trading in the stock market.

I have a friend who trades thru his iPad, he's a discretionary trader. I'm a more of a mechanical trader and wouldn't make sense.

I trade fx futures on a smartphone all the time. The TT Mobile app works fine over wi-fi or simply using cellular data.

I don't use smartphones or even WiFi, for trading.

Partly because I have some Luddite tendencies, and partly because I'm particularly internet-security-conscious, these days.

I don't use smartphones or even WiFi, for trading.

Partly because I have some Luddite tendencies, and partly because I'm particularly internet-security-conscious, these days.

it is very comfortable to trade via smartphone