Do you think you can turn $200 into $400 in six weeks?

Your idiotic response provides further evidence of the type of members in this forum, the senior members that is. It is funny how most of you are almost offended by being asked if you think it is possible, but that's fine. I think this must be the most pessimistically poled forum where a normal discussion is almost impossible.

I guess you have your half dozen active members who share the same point of view and are very close minded judging by your responses. Always fun to witness.

Ah, so you admit it's fun? That's a start, now perhaps you could explain what your original question meant, and what sort of answers you expected.

My answer is 'yes', but I'm a terrible liar.

Will, so do you already have a conclusion? It'll be great if somebody can work it out.Lol, then everybody can be a Million.

I can turn $200 into $400 dollars;

in 6 minutes with
my hands tied behind my back,
eyes closed,
whilst being fed cherry yoghurt,
walking backwards,
under a ladder,
after a black leopard crosses my path.

Pick which ever instrument you want and I'll show you tomorrow.

:cool:

Its a very clear cut case of the blind leading the blind. Actually its worse than that because the guy who is blind is also deaf, dumb and paraplegic. Its perhaps unfair to single this particular person out, because 99.99% of everything posted here is complete nonsense, but it does no harm to bring that to peoples attention periodically

If you had $200, and desperately needed to make another $200 in 6 weeks, then trading is the very last thing on earth that you'd do. I could probably go out begging on the streets and make more in less time.

Lets face it there are 1001 simple business ideas that could be implemented with $200 and the return would be far greater.

The greatest traders in history simply could not guarantee a 100% return in 6 weeks. Most of them would struggle to guarantee that return in 6 years !

If the guy asked how could he double his money, with no more than x% chance of losing the lot then that's a different ballgame and he might get some sensible advice (and the best advice is bet the lot in a single spin of the roulette wheel)

Sorry but you are completely wrong.

COMPLETELY, 100% return in 6 weeks through trading is possible. Yes you have to be a badass and yes I have personally seen people take advantage of crisis situation to make even more, 200-300% even more.

I am new here too but frankly I have worked in finance for a VEEEERY long time I have been there and seen that. You mention "greatest" please give me a break how many traders have you met? Have you worked in an IB even in your life?

Anyway, sorry for having a go, my point is; yes people are right that trading is stupid when you are desperate for money or harsh targets when you are new.

Is it impossible? No, its actually very possible and if you are educated person and you know your sh1t and you know your industry you can easily rinse and repeat.

There are people, I am sorry to say but in my experience these are all pessimists who sit on their asses waiting for sh1t to hit the fan and then know what signs to look for. When sh1t does hit they know what will happen and they jump on it.

Icelandic icelouds, how many people doubled, trebbled, quadrupled their investments?

I worked with a colleague who got at LEAST 1.1k return on his 100 quid its hilarious as the guy worked in the aviation industry as a porter previously, knew the consumer confidence and knew that a natural event will NOT bankrupt a national airline with assets in the billions, publicly listed and with balance sheets available to view.

Sorry but you are completely wrong...................

.................I worked with a colleague who got at LEAST 1.1k return on his 100 quid its hilarious as the guy worked in the aviation industry as a porter previously, knew the consumer confidence and knew that a natural event will NOT bankrupt a national airline with assets in the billions, publicly listed and with balance sheets available to view.

Sorry, alex, but he was very much right.

Everyone knows someone who made a nice strike - I did very nicely from the early Thatcher privatisations, for example - but the point of trading is not about the odd nice (lucky) strike, but about consistent performance over time. Now, if with all your financial experience you know of a trader who consistently doubles his money every six weeks then you might have a case. Otherwise you don't.

Pboyles is basically a very disillusioned negative creep , who is quick to put people and ideas down because he thinks he knows what's best. What is best for Pboyles isn't necessarily best for everyone and we would all do well to Do Your Own Research, get some money management skills and knuckle down to some hard work/learning. I can hand on heart say that trying to make money in trading is the hardest thing I have ever done to earn some money. However, it is possible to learn to trade, make money and hopefully make what ever aspirations you have come true. Though Pboyles isn't going to tell you how to do it, so don't bother asking him (n)

Pboyles needs to read Think & Grow Rich , as he clearly has issues, with Fear, Greed and Failure. He's obsessed with these themes. He says nothing encouraging and is a black hole of positive emotion. I imagine he had a traumatic life, maybe bullied for being fat.
There is hope for him but I rate his chances as 1 in 100. He needs to lighten up, laugh at his losses, both follicle and financial. Maybe get out more and get into speed dating (try not to bore the ladies with your halitosis enriched wisdom). He loves hiding behind his online persona, I guess he is your classic Bulletin Board Troll.

Well that pretty much sums it up........(y)

The guy should spend more time earning his own Dollar than ranting constantly at others.....

Your idiotic response provides further evidence of the type of members in this forum, the senior members that is. It is funny how most of you are almost offended by being asked if you think it is possible, but that's fine. I think this must be the most pessimistically poled forum where a normal discussion is almost impossible.

I guess you have your half dozen active members who share the same point of view and are very close minded judging by your responses. Always fun to witness.

Any further words would be totally Superfluous......(y)

I think any further words are pointless. As the majority of members in this forum voiced, they think it is impossible to earn $6.67 every single trading day for them. I can respect that. What I refuse to respect is their attitude that it is too much of a hassle or impossible to accomplish. Oh well, I think I just made another $10 as I wrote this. This is my last response to this thread as I believe it all has been sad by now. It was fun to get a minor insight into the mentality of most members in this forum. Take care.

I'm shocked you didn't mention paxforex once in here.

I wonder why?