Do you think that forex means only money .. and money means life?

Since 90% of the people lose money, don't you mean the only reason they trade is to lose ? So the money is not the real reason. But to lose is.

It's like the Lottery: they all play to win but statistically they will lose - the daft thing is that they know this.

It's like the Lottery: they all play to win but statistically they will lose - the daft thing is that they know this.

If you take the lottery, I doubt the average player understands the concept of expectancy. They see a potentially massive benefit, for a tiny risk. Spending the cost of a newspaper could result in gains of tens of millions.

I suspect that the same thought process applies to many spread betters

Bucket shop brokers offer 500:1 leverage in order to synthesize the same game, presumably because that's what their punters want.

I suspect the vast majority of punters at t2w don't have the first clue as to why they are statistically guaranteed to lose. Just look how they respond when someone tells them !

If you take the lottery, I doubt the average player understands the concept of expectancy. They see a potentially massive benefit, for a tiny risk. Spending the cost of a newspaper could result in gains of tens of millions.

I suspect that the same thought process applies to many spread betters

Bucket shop brokers offer 500:1 leverage in order to synthesize the same game, presumably because that's what their punters want.

I suspect the vast majority of punters at t2w don't have the first clue as to why they are statistically guaranteed to lose. Just look how they respond when someone tells them !

Agree.
The trouble with leverage is that it has the potential to be very dangerous -- bit like a high-performance car in the wrong hands. I would have thought it sensible to only leverage what you can in reality actually afford to spend, thus taking advantage of your broker instead of vice versa. But our politicians and financial institutions have encouraged us and themselves to spend what we haven't got and the results are plain for all to see.

However, mustn't get too downbeat because if it were not for the "95%" or whatever it is, then I suspect the rest of us might not have much of a market.

I see Forex is not only money, it also is spirit, job, knowledge, finance, networks,... I mean when I get dimmed into Forex, I have learnt a lot of things (most of them are involved to money). However, time passed, I see I can do a lot of things than before.

Have anyone here trade real stock, forex and commodities markets using virtual money??????????

cant I stick to making real money in real markets ?..........that tends to work for me and I wont bump into bilbo baggins in a dungeon on the way....

N

just looked at Trade1on1

and play against reckless traders who just go win or bust ?
(the problem with most trading competions)

spare me .........
N

For the first time I heard about this and I prefer Demo to be on the safe side.
However, I played and win $100 in 30 minutes.
I just got stunned.
Am practicing more on this to be a pro before going for the real......
Will give you more feed back about this later ;)

you mean you won ?.......on Demo ?..........;)

Poker,Baccarat,Slots, Blackjack ..............You'll find you win a lot re most Demos on offer :cool:

N

We've all seen it on T.V. or read about it on the news - talking heads telling us to buy when a stock's price is plummeting, assuring us that everything will be alright in the end. The truth is that the only one that wins is the firm issuing that so-called advice while the average investor is left to lick his wounds. The FOREX market cannot be influenced by any one brokerage or person as it is representative of a country's economic health and not opinion, and is therefore immune to any attempt at influence.

"Remember Sept. 16, 1992? That was the day billionaire hedge fund manager George Soros booked profits of $1 billion shorting the British pound."

Trade Currencies Like Soros - Forbes.com

Yes! Forex is what you need for more money, and if you keep learning about it you can be successful with much money:D

Everyone in forex is to make money because it is a business of money. Now the second part of your question is interesting as some consider money a life. I think that money is very important part of the life but it is not life totally. The real life is what we spend with out family and friends and forex is a way to make money and live a better life.

Everyone in forex is to make money because it is a business of money. Now the second part of your question is interesting as some consider money a life. I think that money is very important part of the life but it is not life totally. The real life is what we spend with out family and friends and forex is a way to make money and live a better life.

nice of you to furnish some docs, though that thread now deleted, saves us the time looking.

umofx is so new that it was registered in the philippines on 7th march 2013.

so new in fact that they don't move to their new offices until the 15th march.

Document Filings Details

we all know well enough on these boards the shenanigans that overseas brokers operating out of new zealand get up to.