Do you have an "edge" in your trading?

All very simple really. A persistant multi will always find a way back. No mystery there then. Tbh some of the suspected multies are far less trouble than the regular members. :D

You didnt really address the point about multi's actively being encouraged to post. If I understand correctly, Black Swan claims to be in reciept of a PM from a mod who claims this is the case.

The site does have a history of practically begging certain members to return. It may or may not be coincidence that all of those members generate traffic. (n)

You didnt really address the point about multi's actively being encouraged to post. If I understand correctly, Black Swan claims to be in reciept of a PM from a mod who claims this is the case.

The site does have a history of practically begging certain members to return. It may or may not be coincidence that all of those members generate traffic. (n)
Although this is technically still crap, it is also the very height of irony.

:rolleyes: Persist if you like, but there will only be one outcome, on the basis that everything is known in advance.:whistling

I feel as though there is some sort of cosmic joke going on here, everyone knows who these 'multi-nics' are, in fact, some of them are even talking to themselves, and I'm the only person who doesn't know about it.

I'm aware that people pretend to be who they're not on other chat forums, but on a trading website?

I feel as though there is some sort of cosmic joke going on here, everyone knows who these 'multi-nics' are, in fact, some of them are even talking to themselves, and I'm the only person who doesn't know about it.

I'm aware that people pretend to be who they're not on other chat forums, but on a trading website?

I don't get it either.

How about someone posting a list of these multi-nics?

How about someone posting a list of these multi-nics?

Great idea. Then everyone can pontificate on the merits of who should stay and who should go.

Just make sure it's a weekend thread :) I need to stock up on popcorn !

pigeon-cat.jpg

It's like that scene at the end of "The Man with the Golden Gun" when Roger Moore and Christopher Lee are creeping around the mirrored area. You're not sure if it's a reflection or the real thing.

(As a side note, Britt Ekland in that film, wahey!)

Even worse, you'll probably get 'Good Kirk' vs 'Bad Kirk' fights going as people try to preserve their multi-nics. T2W would become like the twilight zone for the weekend.

william+shatner+captain+kirk+poster+1.jpg

I like.

Yep.

Do you review it periodically to determine if there are problems? And if there are problems do you try to figure out whether they are of your making or a failure of your trading strategy? And if it is a failure of the strategy whether it is due to a weakness in the strategy or to systemic market changes?

I guess you could say I review it, but its obvious when my method isn't working, because my account balance shrinks! lol
Any problems are generally never a failure of my making, in the sense that over time the one thing that I am good at is following a method. So when i hit a drawdown, its because my method isn't working.
I dont know how i'd be able to spot systematic market changes so id always assume that bad results are simply due to the weakness in my strategy.

Im up to 85 trades now.
Does anyone think I definitely do or do NOT have an edge?
I dont but then I find it hard to believe anyone can have an edge when looking at the same thing that every other 'trader' is looking at. I think an 'edge' is something reserved for the 'big boys'

maybe ill start my own thread when(if) i get to a few hundred trades with this strategy

Attachments

• 126nt.JPG
    126nt.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 2752nt.JPG
    2752nt.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 184
  • nt5378.JPG
    nt5378.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 165
  • nt79t85.JPG
    nt79t85.JPG