Do you have an "edge" in your trading?

Biggest neg for me is grown *men* acting as trolls with multi nics which is very, very odd, even stranger when they use a IP block to carry on posting under their new names or nip down to the internet cafe, Mc Ds or pub to carry on..:eek: If they've puked/been banned/flounced off why not just go...bizarre...

Tbh mate bud it is a bit bizarre, almost as bizarre as grown *men* boasting about have an HTC Desire...;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kin ell fer fooks sake this suite of forums cba spreading the madness...bless ;).

I also wonder from time to time if failing at trading damages mental health...

Succeeding at trading certainly seem to in many. All the personality weaknesses become exaggerated. In a related arena, look at the studies that show many lottery winners lose. Lose their money. Lose their friends. Lose their family. Lose their bearings.

For some, succeeding at trading is not an end in itself, but a means to other goals, sometimes quite worthy and altruistic. These are, in my experience, the most mentally stable.

Last edited:
most lottery winners lose. Lose their money. Lose their friends. Lose their family. Lose their bearings.

Don't know whether it's actually most, but one certainly does see plenty of horror stories, "ruined my life", "wish I'd never won" type things. Although of course it's not the win that ruins people's lives, but their own actions.

Still, the rapid acquisition of wealth can often be a curse.

Don't know whether it's actually most, but one certainly does see plenty of horror stories, "ruined my life", "wish I'd never won" type things. Although of course it's not the win that ruins people's lives, but their own actions.

I meant to say "many" not "most." Thanks for catching that. I'll repair it.

Tbh mate bud it is a bit bizarre, almost as bizarre as grown *men* boasting about have an HTC Desire...;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kin ell fer fooks sake this suite of forums cba spreading the madness...bless ;).
Don't know if that is an in joke or not, but in all seriousness, I have a mate who is doing precisely that.

Could understand it if he had a seriously over-clocked rooted lag-fixed Samsung Galaxy S that eats HTCs for breakfast....:cheesy:

Beware the bias the media have. There are substantially more delightfully happy lottery millionaires that you don’t hear about because it’s not particularly news “Mr & Mrs Smith are still happy after winning £2 on the lottery”.

That’s one I’d like to try on for size.

Beware the bias the media have. There are substantially more delightfully happy lottery millionaires that you don’t hear about because it’s not particularly news “Mr & Mrs Smith are still happy after winning £2 on the lottery”.

True.

That’s one I’d like to try on for size.

I wouldn't be crying into my Bolly either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan

Biggest neg for me is grown *men* acting as trolls with multi nics which is very, very odd, even stranger when they use a IP block to carry on posting under their new names or nip down to the internet cafe, Mc Ds or pub to carry on.. If they've puked/been banned/flounced off why not just go...bizarre...

This does NOT happen, does it?!?!?!??

Yep 3 (perhaps 4) on this thread alone. Mods don't ban them, in fact in a pm one of them revealed he actively encourages it, presumably it (the troll behaviour) spikes their numbers>impresses advertisers.

Succeeding at trading certainly seem to in many. All the personality weaknesses become exaggerated. In a related arena, look at the studies that show many lottery winners lose. Lose their money. Lose their friends. Lose their family. Lose their bearings.

For some, succeeding at trading is not an end in itself, but a means to other goals, sometimes quite worthy and altruistic. These are, in my experience, the most mentally stable.

Chuck Norris won the lottery five times in a row, with 4 numbers.

Chuck Norris won the lottery five times in a row, with 4 numbers.

Be careful what you say about Chuck Norris. That's all I'm saying.

And to Black Swan:

CBA TBH fookin it's not rocket science bud bless...;) kin ell!

Biggest neg for me is grown *men* acting as trolls with multi nics which is very, very odd, even stranger when they use a IP block to carry on posting under their new names or nip down to the internet cafe, Mc Ds or pub to carry on..:eek: If they've puked/been banned/flounced off why not just go...bizarre...

i thought it was bizarre as well, but then i realised i was still carrying a preconception that being a man meant something different to being a child
when in reality most people are still just children walking around in adult bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan

Yep 3 (perhaps 4) on this thread alone. Mods don't ban them, in fact in a pm one of them revealed he actively encourages it, presumably it (the troll behaviour) spikes their numbers>impresses advertisers.

Quite interesting ..... do you think that they also use multi nics to s*it stir?

Quite interesting ..... do you think that they also use multi nics to s*it stir?

Yes. That is their only contribution. Some have an agenda, not entirely sure what that is other than to be totally disruptive. Lulz is one thing and lots of us deserve/enjoy the odd leg pull, but some of the stalking/trolling folk receive from the 'Broadmoor Massive' is bizarre.

But to go to the effort of re-registering after you've flounced off or been banned (twice banned for one on this thread) then using an IP addy block to post some more disruptive nonsense is disfunctional in the extreme. They may think it's *funny* but a more naked example of personality disorders you'd struggle to find.

All very simple really. A persistant multi will always find a way back. No mystery there then. Tbh some of the suspected multies are far less trouble than the regular members. :D