Do I have a leg?

wasp

Legendary member
I have an account with alpari which I use for testing things out and early last week I put i 70 quid and subsequently dropped down to around 30. I built it back up to a ton and then Tuesday, I took profit and the second I did, the account dropped back to 30.

I checked the account history and spotted where they messed up, played innocent and emailed them asking why my account balance dropped down again and nothing. Within 24 hours, the account showed no signs of the 2nd 70 going in and it was if I traded it on credit.

Anyhow, my point being, especially as they seem so reluctant to respond to my email inquiries, can I turn round and say put it back, you messed up! I know it's their money and they should have it back but serves them right for messing it up!

Hope this helps

I have an account with alpari which I use for testing things out and early last week I put i 70 quid and subsequently dropped down to around 30. I built it back up to a ton and then Tuesday, I took profit and the second I did, the account dropped back to 30.

I checked the account history and spotted where they messed up, played innocent and emailed them asking why my account balance dropped down again and nothing. Within 24 hours, the account showed no signs of the 2nd 70 going in and it was if I traded it on credit.

Anyhow, my point being, especially as they seem so reluctant to respond to my email inquiries, can I turn round and say put it back, you messed up! I know it's their money and they should have it back but serves them right for messing it up!

Not sure if I understood correctly but....If you have gained a financial advantage(gain) from their mistake and you are aware of their mistake then you are obliged to return any gain made as a result of their mistake...to fail to do so would make you liable under Criminal Law, in addition to any civil law of contract.:smart:

Not sure if I understood correctly but....If you have gained a financial advantage(gain) from their mistake and you are aware of their mistake then you are obliged to return any gain made as a result of their mistake...to fail to do so would make you liable under Criminal Law, in addition to any civil law of contract.:smart:

Thought so but I have played innocent and not admitted (apart from on a public forum!) that I know so.......?!

Generally speaking if the profit is from a mistake on their part it doesn't matter whether you are aware of the mistake or not. At least that is my understanding.

Cheers,
PKFFW