Do Arcades Offer Training to Traders

bullcar

Can I get additional training as an experienced trader from any Trading Arcades?

Would they want un due commitments from me or charge me?

Look forward to hearing your experiences

I think most traders are too full of there selves to be told what to do......... If you’re an experienced trader then you've pretty much seen what the market can throw at you over the last 5/10 years........ Most people fall into a few categories of....... "Fly by the seat of their pants and have been lucky".... others are steady as she blows. And the majority of the rest are one trick pony's that keeps doing the same thing until it blows up in their face and you never see them again.
When you mention Training you automatically think this is for the Grad programme. But in order to keep the bread & butter revenue coming into the Arcade you need to offer a more supportive environment to those experienced traders....... I know that the Schneider Group has a good platform for this kind of continued learning to all its Associates and Partners. I am an active partner and would be happy to share my experiences.

Regards

Hi Chief,
can you offer me some structured training - you assume correctly, I am experienced but need new ideas now

Be careful, alot of "Training" offered by the bigger trading rooms are numbers games, take on 25 grads hope four or five stick. They are mincing machines that dont care too much about those discarded with their hopes and confidence shot. Take a look at the smaller trading rooms taking on three or four trainees at a time. these offer much better chances of success. Also be wary of arcades that tell you what contract you will trade. They do this to spread their risk as they dont want to much exposure in any one market, contract or segment. Again this is not in your intrerest and it significantly reduces your chances of success. Traders are all unique, they have different styles and mentality and a good training program will look at you and try to find the best contract to suit you not the other way around. Again the smaller arcades are much better at this.

Reactions: TWI
I have checked out the traders arcades mentioned in the traderpaedia of trading arcades. Some of them claim to do more than just let their backed traders trade spreads.
Have a look, check out the web sites, and see what you make of it

police said:
Bullcar, you appear a little foolish. What is it you hope to learn

A different technique? Some new ideas? How to make more money? Perhaps as someone who who doesn't feel the need to learn, you'd be able to give us all some of your insight

Refco train and back grads to trade bund&bobl outrights though training is mainly sitting on a simulator for 4months till you are profitable to go live.

I thought they had structured training at Refco - thought it was good place to get into - are you saying they do not really train people there?

From what I have been told the training is not as good as what it used to be and varies from office to office. London office still ok but other offices like Cardiff suffering from good training.

Wonder if its got anyhting to do with PL going and gavin gobbsh*te taking over

Last edited:
PL now in Milan i think. Dont know about gavin. There are a couple of associated Refco groups that are doing really well on the training front. Futex have a very in depth training system beased on technical and fundamentals. League have a good technical based trainer. Plus these groups are I understand quite profitable with weel over half the trianees making good money!

and i thought all the backed people at refco etc did spreads not outrights....! how wrong am i