Dividends

How important is dividend for you? Would you purchase a company based off of a high yield? What is it that most people look at first in a company to interest a potential purchase?:?::?:

A strong historical dividend yield could be a good indicator, especially if you are an investor looking for a source of income. Banks have traditionally provided strong dividend yields, and REITs are another potential source of solid dividends. REITs are legally required to pay at least 90% of taxable profits as dividends. I do suggest that you take this into account; one (somewhat simplified) way of looking at dividends is that a company issues a dividend because it believes that investors can use the cash better than the company itself can.

$BEE could be a solid entry into REITs. Although they do not currently pay a dividend due to having several carryforward losses, they seem to be preparing to begin to restart their dividends.

A strong historical dividend yield could be a good indicator, especially if you are an investor looking for a source of income. Banks have traditionally provided strong dividend yields, and REITs are another potential source of solid dividends. REITs are legally required to pay at least 90% of taxable profits as dividends. I do suggest that you take this into account; one (somewhat simplified) way of looking at dividends is that a company issues a dividend because it believes that investors can use the cash better than the company itself can.

$BEE could be a solid entry into REITs. Although they do not currently pay a dividend due to having several carryforward losses, they seem to be preparing to begin to restart their dividends.

What is REIT's I started hearing that everywhere. Thanks for the reply. I just made some of my first stock purchases and I have to say it is VERYFUN!:cheesy: