Dividends

How important is dividend for you? Would you purchase a company based off of a high yield? What is it that most people look at first in a company to interest a potential purchase?:?::?:

robertd16

3 0
A strong historical dividend yield could be a good indicator, especially if you are an investor looking for a source of income. Banks have traditionally provided strong dividend yields, and REITs are another potential source of solid dividends. REITs are legally required to pay at least 90% of taxable profits as dividends. I do suggest that you take this into account; one (somewhat simplified) way of looking at dividends is that a company issues a dividend because it believes that investors can use the cash better than the company itself can.

$BEE could be a solid entry into REITs. Although they do not currently pay a dividend due to having several carryforward losses, they seem to be preparing to begin to restart their dividends.

A strong historical dividend yield could be a good indicator, especially if you are an investor looking for a source of income. Banks have traditionally provided strong dividend yields, and REITs are another potential source of solid dividends. REITs are legally required to pay at least 90% of taxable profits as dividends. I do suggest that you take this into account; one (somewhat simplified) way of looking at dividends is that a company issues a dividend because it believes that investors can use the cash better than the company itself can.

$BEE could be a solid entry into REITs. Although they do not currently pay a dividend due to having several carryforward losses, they seem to be preparing to begin to restart their dividends.

What is REIT's I started hearing that everywhere. Thanks for the reply. I just made some of my first stock purchases and I have to say it is VERYFUN!:cheesy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock