Direct Access UK for US stock markets?

pb47

Hi

I'm not interesting in setting up a brokerage account in the Caribbean (wide spread issues, stock availability issues, wire transfers issues etc...)

The US broker subs in the UK seem to push $25k PDT.

As a UK citizen based in UK, is there an easy way to get direct access to US exchanges avoiding PDT?

Many thanks

I don't think it applies in your circumstances ie UK based; just use an FCA regulated broker

I have used DMA through IG before for share trading. There's a list of brokers at the top of the page in the 'tools'; you'll have to do your own research, but at least they are all regulated and therefore should be reputable.

I have used DMA through IG before for share trading. There's a list of brokers at the top of the page in the 'tools'; you'll have to do your own research, but at least they are all regulated and therefore should be reputable.
Hi BigDeal.

This seems to be a constant source of confusion in the market. IG does offer dma access to UK exchanges, but no level 2 data is available for the US exchanges!

Does anyone know of a UK based broker (not a subsid of a US broker enforcing the $25k PDT rule on UK citizens) that offers level 2 direct access to US markets?

It sounds as thought you've researched this, but I thought once you are signed up for DMA you just add and pay for the exchanges you want to trade on and that would provide you with L2 for thoise markets.

It sounds as thought you've researched this, but I thought once you are signed up for DMA you just add and pay for the exchanges you want to trade on and that would provide you with L2 for thoise markets.
Thanks BigDeal, I wouldn't say I've researched it, all that's happened is that i've hit a brick wall everywhere i turn! all good training for a day trading career, as apparently persistence and resilience are two necessary qualities. :)