Difference between futures data feeds

mazdaq100

Hi

I'm not new to trading but have only recently dipped my toe into the world of futures, so this is probably a really dumb question but will ask it anyway.

What is the difference between the different futures data feeds? For example, I'm currently using Market Delta demo with CQG data feed but I notice there are other data feeds e.g. OEC, ZenFire, Rithmic.

So what's the difference? Presumably they all provide the same data, so is it just how reliable they are, cost of the feed, distance from the exchange etc?

Thanks
Chris

So what's the difference? Presumably they all provide the same data, so is it just how reliable they are, cost of the feed, distance from the exchange etc?

Thanks
Chris

That is correct. Some have a better reputation than others when it comes to accuracy and reliability but you also need to weigh up the costs.

Major difference is between filtered vs unfiltered feeds. If you use software that tracks the incoming orders like Market Delta (or our own software) with a filtered feed then you wont get an accurate representation.

Beyond that, some providers offer differing lookbacks and accuracies for their historical datafeeds which is relevant primarily to system traders. IQFEED (and partner Kinetick) and Tradestation (integrated) are some of the best historical feeds.

We like iQFEED/Kinetick for real-time data, as well.

Hi

I'm not new to trading but have only recently dipped my toe into the world of futures, so this is probably a really dumb question but will ask it anyway.

What is the difference between the different futures data feeds? For example, I'm currently using Market Delta demo with CQG data feed but I notice there are other data feeds e.g. OEC, ZenFire, Rithmic.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited: