Did you make a profit in 2017?

Did you make a profit in the 2017?

• My account grew (profit)

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • My account stayed more or less the same (break-even)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • My account shrunk (loss)

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I didn’t keep a track of all the figures so I’m not sure

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Jan 1, 2009
Main account finished on the right side although I found UK ftse100 shares pretty difficult and they jerked me around a lot.

For the first time in over 30 years I managed to bust a play account and run it to £15 from £3500. I’m too embarassed to tell you about the awful trading involved :eek: . Suffice to say it was about obstinate insistence on the short side despite continuing evidence to the contrary
Were your trades based on pure speculation or were you following a mechanical strategy?

barjon

May 6, 2003
Were your trades based on pure speculation or were you following a mechanical strategy?
I was disciplined on my main account which is mechanically based - primarily 3+ bar retracements - applied with discretion :)

On the disaster of the play account I was fixated on a short scenario and kept seeing short opportunities that turned out not be so, coupled with a lot of indiscipline in taking losses. The moral is that you should trade what you see and not what you think and that you should not bend what you see to suit what you think.

May 18, 2013
so these are the positions I am currently in.

I am thinking of starting a journal. My style is purely trend based trading and can be in winning trades for weeks and months. Wherelse losing trades no more then a few days. My main trading rule is "Cut your losses, ride your winners till the end of the trend".

My trading hero/role model : Ed Seykota.

Attachments

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
Well done to those who had a winning year last year and happy trading in 2018 to all!

So far there have only been 19 people voting which is a disappointing maybe a few people didn't want to vote for some reason?

Anyway so far at least there is a good chunk (of those who voted) showing a green year (y)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2016
In general, I'm satisfied with the previous year results. It's definitely not the amount I would like to get but I already have some profit and I can be proud of myself.

Daru

Feb 2, 2018
Last year was good for crypto and I earned. But forex trading was negative for me. I lost my account and started again from the last week with small amount. I hope to the better 2018 for me.

Cerid

Mar 3, 2018
Last year was quite difficult for me, as I was about to lose my deposit a few times. Luckily, everything turned out Ok and as a result I finished the year with a small profit. The main thing, though, was that I gained a good experience.

Whitehead

Mar 20, 2018
You need to be motivated all the time in order to gain profit on the Forex market. Experience and strategy is the key to success, which you will gain from learning materials, demo accounts, experienced traders, and yourself as well. What do you people think about it?

OnlyScott

May 3, 2018
Yes, decent 15% but I usually get other guys to trade for me. Currently running a diversified portfolio and allocate to various money managers, systems and longer term funds.