Are you a profitable trader?

A lot of BS goes on in this & other forums.Anonymously , Are you a profitable trader?

• Yes for sure - just look at my Ferrari!

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • My low profit levels keep me at/near to the bread line

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I break even

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No - but i pretend that i am a profitable trader on the bulletin boards

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I struggle to break even

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No - at this rate, soon I'll be relying on handouts and soup kitchens

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
well proposed numbers -
1. is already present - Yes, for sure - just look at my Ferrari!
3. is already present - I break even
6. is already present/is a slight rewording - No - I don't make a profit, but i pretend that i do on the bulletin boards

Add -
4. I struggle to break even.
5. No - at this rate, soon I'll be relying on handouts and soup kitchens

2. My low profit levels keep me at/near to the bread line - is a modification of -
No - It's bread-line living for me! i.e. they are not consistent. sometimes they make a profit/loss/breakeven. Overall they make small not very significant profits, that barely pay for the basics.

done JT

please note that voters cannot vote again.

j

Hm, this year, up until now, it was hard NOT to make money :) At least from an investor's point of view. I don't know about trading.

I started investing (after reading many investment books...) in the beginning of 2005 and made 57.4% on my total capital, 2006 was a bit rocky (some bad decisions), but I finished 16% up and 2007 is again above expectations.

What I've learned is that - buy high and sell higher. This seems to work for me. Psychologically, it's a tough thing to do, but it seems to work. One of the high-priced stock I own (NOV) even managed to rise, despite the fact, that we are experiencing a minor correction these days.

A lot of B***S*** goes on in this & other bulletin board forums.

The BS goes on in trading forums for a reason. It's very unlikely that the BSers will come clean here, for the benefit of a poll, anonymous or otherwise.

Hi,

I've just looked at this thread and none of the options in the poll apply to me!

Yes, I am a profitable trader. Yes, I make a living from it. No, I don't own a Ferarri.

It's interesting how everyone thinks that professional traders must be millionaires. I've said time and time again on these boards that trading is a business like any other that has to be grafted and worked at.

Not all succesful business owners drive ferraris....

Thanks

Damian