Did the markets move before the SNB announcement

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
I've seen a couple of comments that the markets did move before the announcement. i cant see it anywhere and my charts look ok.Any comments

I've seen a couple of comments that the markets did move before the announcement. i cant see it anywhere and my charts look ok.Any comments

CAC had already gone short when the announcement was made, pity I closed before the blighter dropped big style

Attachments

• lf - t2w.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
Capital Spreads 1 min charts EUR/CHF for yesterday am look suspicious - missing data - 0919-0923, 0924-0928, 0929-0930, 0931-0932.

Don't know if this unique, I never ordinarily look at 1m charts. Maybe they restricted trading prior to announcement so no print on chart as no prices offered? Maybe they always do this?

I was having trouble with Capital Spreads all day yesterday. Got logged out about 7 times for no reason. Prices updates were slow and jittery. Lucky i didn't have any positions on at the time.

Here is a snip of the Aud/Chf 5 min as it fell off a cliff

Attachments

• Aud-Chf.PNG
    Aud-Chf.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 232
A certain group of "traders" were long on CHF futures on Dec14, quantity was 18,171

That group increased their long positions to 32,143 one week later.

By Jan 4th they had upped it to 42,307, then two days before D day they had reached a level not seen for over 1 1/2 years the level of 45,791

So in the space of 4 weeks that group had increased their longs by over 150%, and did that during the holiday season.

What this particular group were up to was available to the retail market two days before the SNB announcement.

One guess where to find that info :)

its all about speculation guys .........that's the market we are in .........if anyone had a few quid stacked on a big move then good luck to them

its like investing in penny shares .........some stratagise by sprinkling crumbs on the water for less probable events .....and sometimes the magic works

N

A certain group of "traders" were long on CHF futures on Dec14, quantity was 18,171

That group increased their long positions to 32,143 one week later.

By Jan 4th they had upped it to 42,307, then two days before D day they had reached a level not seen for over 1 1/2 years the level of 45,791

So in the space of 4 weeks that group had increased their longs by over 150%, and did that during the holiday season.

What this particular group were up to was available to the retail market two days before the SNB announcement.

One guess where to find that info :)

C'mon name names :devilish:

Lol, I'll do better, here is the info:

http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/deacmesf.htm

For anyone wanting a cleaner graphical view there is a good chart of this same info on myfxbook.

?

Waste of time just off one exchange - Is Chicago even 10 / 15% of the world FX market ?

Plus the fact - all this info is only part of the real picture - maybe 50% is hidden and achieved via more devious ways.

Never believe anything you are told by Bankers or Politicians ;-)

Good Trading

F

?

Waste of time just off one exchange - Is Chicago even 10 / 15% of the world FX market ?

Plus the fact - all this info is only part of the real picture - maybe 50% is hidden and achieved via more devious ways.

Never believe anything you are told by Bankers or Politicians ;-)

Good Trading

F

Yeah, lots of studies done over the years on CME volumes, bottom line if you are a hedger and need to do so there is where you gotta go. the big advantage on the exchange is that vol is per contract so shifts in vol are of analytic value as in this case.

Have a look at the swap dealer names, they have to register now under Dodd Frank (thks to the latest set of politicians).
Every swap deal by them is listed on the hedger (old term, now Commercials) side - so figure who won and who lost on Thur, also figure who set themselves up to win in the 4 weeks before Thurs.

You are right about believing bankers, the SNB said no policy change in the foreseeable future while they were setting this thing up - it's a case of do not do what bankers say, rather do it is what they do :)