Diary of a swing spread better

By the way, I went short a stock that I can't even remember the name now and it's in the list of top five risers today :(

And when I was busy 'chatting', the market closed :-0 Haven't traded this late since last summer and I still thought it would close at 9 :eek: So I am stuck with a short position of the DOW which is breakeven based on the market price but minus six points with Fins for whatever reason. Stop loss is set at eight points away from entry so I have nothing to worry though.

Attachments

• dow 15 still in.jpg
    dow 15 still in.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 184
Oops, they closed my position now and I am 1.2 points worse off. It was a price worth paying for :)

Need to get your focus before jumping in dude, are you really ready just yet. Doesn't sound like it. Paper trade for a while, make use of your demo accounts! Especially when tradin the old lady of Wall Street. Remember, if you keep yer shirt you can always turn up for the dinner party to make that all important impression!!
Chris

Thanks for the advice, Chris! I am trying to get myself into second gear now :)

Paper trading just doesn't work for me so I trade small at the moment. The focus is now back on UK shares in the range of 500-600p.

Good trading,

Hung

hungvir said:
Thanks for the advice, Chris! I am trying to get myself into second gear now :)

Paper trading just doesn't work for me so I trade small at the moment. The focus is now back on UK shares in the range of 500-600p.

Good trading,

Hung
Most traders believe they can paper trade to gain experience. It doesn't work. In my opinion, paper trading is worthless. There is no emotion involved with paper trading and, therefore, a new trader is unable to feel the losses or the wins.

The truth is, dealing with the emotional side of trading is just as important as finding effective trading strategies. Actually, it is more important.

I am currently testing a method using a live account. This will give me a true feel, whether the method will work in the real world, before applying it to a futures account. I want somthing less stressful in my old age. However, I am still day trading until I find a method where I can place size with a relatively small stop. My Journal Laptop1 YM calls the stops are to big at the moment, this is why I'm trying to improve it, with out effecting the strategy

I have to agree with you laptop1. The first time I papertraded, I was a student in the States some nine years ago. Got 100,000 US virtual cap and I made 20,000 in about two weeks. I haven't made that much in real trading since :LOL:

For anyone who are interested in UK shares, these two charts look interesting. Another set up for a fall?? I don't know but I keep an eye on them.

Attachments

• emg march 19 daily swing high completed.jpg
    emg march 19 daily swing high completed.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 216
  • mks march 19.jpg
    mks march 19.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 195
It's a miserable day in London. Based soly on the weather, the market may fall :) And I even have 50 per cent chance of being correct :)

Have a good trading day!

Hung

Hmm, it was an up day for the FTSE.

I can explain it away as the day turned all sunny despite the dull start. But then why MKS went down? And I am in the market again.

MKS had its second down day but EMG looks like it'll make a higher high. I drop the idea of shorting it for now.

MKS's drop is all the more significant given that the FTSE was up in the last two days.

Attachments

• mks march 21.jpg
    mks march 21.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 193
  • emg march 21.jpg
    emg march 21.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 180
Stopped out of the MKS short, losing 16 points. I rejected the main trend as my friend and it served me right :)

In fact I was quite surprised to see that my order was closed out at 791 while the share closed yesterday at 673. Rang Fins and was told my stop loss was triggered. It took five calls and 20 minutes to get through to their trading desk though.

So the rules for my future trades are:
- Looking at the overal Market's trend
- Then the Sector's trend
- Applying the One per cent capital per trade
- Be doubtful of the first sell signal in a bull market
- Swing trading may work better with indices than shares

yes I am back! Bought a house exactly one year ago, now I am in the right mindset to start trading again. How have you been getting on Hungvir?

Not too bad, my friend. I am house hunting again and blogging and learning to play the guitar overtake trading at the moment :) It's still think about trading subconciously though :)

Good trading,

Hung

Hello my friends (if you're stil here that is :). Hope you've been doing well and still keep your shirts.

I can't believe I last posted here almost a year ago. I still have four spreadbetting accounts but they're all empty. I was tempted to go back in trading (or gambling) when I saw that the bears had obviously won hands down but I did not. I just can't affod to lose a penny so ...

In the last 365 days, I successfully seperated, bought a house, came to Russia not to find love but it was found right there and I still have a burning desire to trade. So if anyone of you who have made it and want to throw me some money to trade, I'll be happy to take up the challenge :). Until then, I'll be happy being on the bench watching you guys winning hopefully.

Happy trading!

Hung

Hallo Hung,
Nice to hear from you again. Whatever your intentions are now, I must say that when you were posting here, it was one of the most popular threads on the site. When you left everyone else did, too.

I'm glad you're back, even as an observer.

Split

:clap:
Hallo Hung,
Nice to hear from you again. Whatever your intentions are now, I must say that when you were posting here, it was one of the most popular threads on the site. When you left everyone else did, too.

I'm glad you're back, even as an observer.

Split

Hi guys,:clap:
I agree with you all. It was nice once upon a time to hear and see you were all around.
You both, Split and Hung were (and still are ) very popular threads indeed. It's always been a pleasure to read your stories and, above all, learn from them, specially people like me who need people like you around.
Welcome back to the goodies.
Minarque

Welcome back

Good to see you around again Hung, blimey you've been busy this past year, c'mon go load that fins account ...you know you want to :cheesy:

Most of your pals are still around, whether they are doing well over the past year I dunno, wiser maybe that's for sure :)

Good luck

don

Split @ Glad to hear from you. Are you still in Spain? I may head there in June. Will take train to Paris, then to Madrid and the length of Spain to Santiago. We may finally be able to have coffee :)

Minarque @ Welcome to T2W! I always feel like coming home when I get on here. There're people and things that I am familiar with and most are nice.

Don @ I am so anxious to get all the four accounts reloaded ... but not with my own money :) I am actually taking management and financial accounting courses, so I am back to the very basics now. Hopefully I'll pass the two exams that I have to take this year.

I hope you guys are keeping your diaries here or elsewhere. It's such a good way of knowing what goes wrong and why from looking at them.

Have a great weekend!

Hung

So you are going to do it with other people's money? Doh! Why didn't I think of that? You haven't been wasting your time while you have been away, have you? :D:D

Stopped out of the MKS short, losing 16 points. I rejected the main trend as my friend and it served me right :)

In fact I was quite surprised to see that my order was closed out at 791 while the share closed yesterday at 673. Rang Fins and was told my stop loss was triggered. It took five calls and 20 minutes to get through to their trading desk though.

So the rules for my future trades are:
- Looking at the overal Market's trend
- Then the Sector's trend
- Applying the One per cent capital per trade
- Be doubtful of the first sell signal in a bull market
- Swing trading may work better with indices than shares

hiyah, hung - welcome home :D

shame you were stopped out of mks before you went away last year - 385 now and that'd be 400 odd points in the kitty :LOL:

glad life is treating you good

cheers

jon