Diary of a swing spread better

welcome back, hung - good to see you here again :D

wasn't your pasword £££££££££?

good trading

jon

Hung - welcome back dude. Bit of advice, avoid fins like the plague - been having "system problems". Guess when it all started, Grey Tuesday!!!
ANd Barjon - apologies for the comments on laptops journal - I was in a bad mood when I posted cos of the aforementioned companies inability to offer trading this morning and I was wishing to exit a position but could not get hold of anyone! No excuse I know, so unreserved apologies.
Chris

It's good to be back, Don and Jon. And thanks for the password, Jon :) Hope you guys have been milking the market since last summer.

I've been house hunting for the last few months and it seems unreal the strength of the housing market here. I would expect housing stocks to be more resillient.

Good luck with trading and others!

Cheers,

Hung

That's quick, Chris. Thanks for the advice about Fins. I've never had any prob with them in the past though. And aren't they the same? Trying to take loose change from our pockets?

Hope all is well with the family. And we shoud definitely meet up this spring/summer.

I've been maintaining a blog on yahoo by the way - http://360.yahoo.com/hunginternet

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/03/05/bcnmkt205.xml

The ISA season is mentioned in this telegraph article. I wonder if it would create the rally for short sellers.

Good trading!

Hung

Well, well! Thought you were on an assignment! You had a good thread going here but no one seemed able to carry on after you left. Glad you are back..

It's a month since I placed a spreadbet, but it seems that all the gang is here.

Split

I was, Split :) But I've been missing the market and the conversation in this thread. Let's pray this swing down will last as long as the last one :)

Have a good day!

Hung

I read a book about the LTCM collapse some years back. Those guys were genius but they were geniously arrogant as well.

So as to keep a fair reflection on things in terms of Fins I thought I ought to post that they have compensated me for issues that I had with them yesterday and I am no longer as peeved with them as I was. I am, however still wary of how their system will hold during similarly volatile periods that are no doubt ahead and I have asked them to clarify their position on this one. I did not have the same system issues with WS, although it has to be said I did not trade their system as much during the volatile times as I did Fins.
Have a good day folks!
Chris

hung

You're back at an interesting point - although ftse has lurched into swing downtrend it's bounced off that primary support at around 5985-6000 so may be due a bit of upside.

Most of my swing stable have also gone into swing downtrend, so waiting to see what the first reactions look like on those. Still one or two possibles on the long side: iii (around 1128), ba. (441.5), blt (995), gsk (1412), sn. (587), tsco (429). blt triggered this morning but didn't take it.

You looking at anything?

good trading

jon

Glad you had some sort of compensation, Chris! Fins has been in the market far longer than WS. They probably just have far more customers. I still have accounts with both of them though I haven't traded for some three months now.

Good trading,

Hung

barjon said:
hung

You're back at an interesting point - although ftse has lurched into swing downtrend it's bounced off that primary support at around 5985-6000 so may be due a bit of upside.

Most of my swing stable have also gone into swing downtrend, so waiting to see what the first reactions look like on those. Still one or two possibles on the long side: iii (around 1128), ba. (441.5), blt (995), gsk (1412), sn. (587), tsco (429). blt triggered this morning but didn't take it.

You looking at anything?

good trading

jon

I started spreadbetting more or less at the same time last year, Jon. I just did an internet search and found this story about the FTSE 'flirting' with the 6,000 level http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2006/03/ftse_100_flirts.html#more. It doesn't seem like a year has passed, does it ? :)

Have you been following Man Group (EMG)? It's one of the UK share that mirrors the Dow the most I suppose.

And I still like MKS.

Happy trading!

Hung

A year of the FTSE and the May fall

These are the weekly chart of the FTSE since last March and the fall in May (daily). History tends to repeat itself. A year is too long for memory to still be memory :)

Good trading!

H

Attachments

• ftse march 2006 2007.jpg
    ftse march 2006 2007.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 176
  • the fall in may.jpg
    the fall in may.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 177
hung

Yeah, emg been good to me lately (entries red, exits white) . After flirting with the last swinglow support a couple of times it closed below it yesterday - another close below it today will confirm trend change.

cheers

jon

Attachments

• emg.JPG
    emg.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 234
barjon said:
hung

Yeah, emg been good to me lately (entries red, exits white) . After flirting with the last swinglow support a couple of times it closed below it yesterday - another close below it today will confirm trend change.

cheers

jon

Wow, nice trades, Jon. I don't really understand your first exit though. Is it an arbitrary one? And isn't a one day close below the swinglow support is enough?

Thanks and happy trading!

Hung

hung

protective part position close (open below shooting star type candle) the rest of it ran to the double white.

good trading

jon