Diary of a swing spread better

It loosk like it'll be another down day for most of the stocks. I'll close all my pending long orders and stay ready to go short when there's a rally.

No trading for me today but I've just 'lost' £30 to Cambridge City Council.

I took a risk and parked on a double yellow line last Sunday and was given a £60 fine. But as I paid within 28 days, they gave me a 50 per cent discount. How generous!

MarvinS said:
Well i hope no one was short Cambridge Antibody?
Up 500p....
How are things Hung?

Thanks, Marvin. Not too bad.

Are you kidding about CA? Up 500p on a day like this???

Pls let me know when you guys take market orders. I like your platform a lot but I don't want to trade on your quotes :(

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
Thanks, Marvin. Not too bad.

Are you kidding about CA? Up 500p on a day like this???

Pls let me know when you guys take market orders. I like your platform a lot but I don't want to trade on your quotes :(

Best,

Hung

It headlined in the Times Business Section yesterday.

"Astra Zeneca to swoop on Cambridge drug group"

Usually when it's headline news all the buying of the stock has taken place. The price is normally up quite high by then, but obviously not on CAT. :rolleyes:

JillyB said:
It headlined in the Times Business Section yesterday.

"Astra Zeneca to swoop on Cambridge drug group"

Usually when it's headline news all the buying of the stock has taken place. The price is normally up quite high by then, but obviously not on CAT. :rolleyes:

Hi Jilly,

I did look at the Times yesterday but just for a few seconds. But I wouldn't buy it myself had I read the article.

AZN seems to have kept a close lid on the takeover news then.

Best,

Hung

Splitlink said:
Shorted HBOS at 941.1. 10 point stop.

Split

Hi Split,

I looked at Barclays yesterday and it's been falling for a while now. I am looking for a failed rally to short as well.

Cheers,

Hung

Hi Hung & Split,

Just to let you both know that I'm away on my holidays now for a couple of weeks, so I won't be posting.

Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. :cheesy:

Last edited:
JillyB said:
Hi Hung & Split,

Just to let you both know that I'm away on my holidays now for a couple of weeks, so I won't be posting.

Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. :cheesy:

Jilly,

So who's going to make the market dance now ? :)

Well, you've chosen the right time to have a holiday. I don't know what to make of the market at the moment.

Enjoy it and tell us a tale or two when you're back! You're not going to Germany by any chance?! I can't imagine how crowded it'll be with the World Cup there in a few weeks.

Best,

Hung

Closed HBOS short position for 947.5. Loss 3.8 points. I moved my stop closer when I went to work. I see that the price climbed to my original stop so I suppose I did the right thing.- apart from opening in the first place.

Split

Our big match is Arsenal/Barca in Paris, tomorrow. I'm a Gunners fan all my life but I live here, so I have a lot of kidding to put up with in Barcelona.

I hope they are kidding..... :eek:
Split

Yep we do have market orders on our system Hung... Check it out!
I am going to Paris today for the Champion league final/ frogs legs and other legs i hope....
Happy Trading!

Spit - are you going to the game? Will be meeting up at the Frog & Rosbif on Rue St. Denis if you are going.

MarvinS said:
Spit - are you going to the game? Will be meeting up at the Frog & Rosbif on Rue St. Denis if you are going.

No, couldn't get away. I may not see all the match, either, but I'm hoping.

Split

Noticed a possible head and shoulders on HBOS randomy earlier today. Not a stock trader but it caught my eye.

Hi everyone,

I can't wait for the match later today. It's just as well that 'The Apprentice' just finished last Wednesday. And I am going to bet on the Gunners :)

Enjoy the match, Marvin. You're a lucky man!

And here's a piece of news (actually two) from BBC Sport.

Linesman ejected from Paris final

One of the linesmen for the Champions League final has been replaced after being photographed wearing a Barcelona shirt on Monday.

Norwegian Ole Hermann Borgan wore the shirt for a photoshoot with his local newspaper, Drammens Tidende.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4988348.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4773353.stm