Developing a strategy on Alpari demo account now defunct

Stochastix

Hi,
I have spent some time (on and off) researching and developing a strategy for Gold trading using MT4 and MT5 with an Alpari UK demo account, which they allowed me to run for an unlimited time.
As Alpari UK have now ceased trading I am left in limbo. Much of the research work on the strategy is done off-line, using R programs for statistical analysis and consequently this is time consuming as I have to write and test the R programs and I have a partially completed EA written in C++. The time to complete the work would definitely take longer than the 30 day expiration period of most demo accounts.
I would like to finish the system, and if I am convinced it works, move to live trading with the same firm.
I looked at Alpari.ru but the demo period seems to be limited to 23 days. There are additional problems in that they charge 2-3% commission for depositing (and withdrawing ?) funds, they do not have GBP accounts (more commission paid to my bank to convert between currencies) and finally the political risk that I may not be able to withdraw my money, should things get worse or sanctions increase.
I know that compared to live customers with Alpari UK my problem is trivial but I have spent considerable time and effort so far and I do not want to throw everything away.
Can anybody advise me what to do.
Thanks in advance
P.S. I just saw the following on Alpari.ru - "With effect from March 4, 2015, CFD for shares and ETF instruments have been temporarily set to close only"