Beware - alpari demo account charts = jumpy as hell!

JTrader

To prove this point, just compare the tick by tick price action against another MT4 demo account.

Alpari did tell me that the chart datafeed that demo accounts use, might not be as precise as the chart datafeed of live account holders, as live accounts take priority.

I'm guessaing that the demo & live account tick-by-tick price action is somewhat different.

For example, 2 minutes ago, EURUSD gapped from 1.4739-1.4730 on alpari demo, for no obvious reason, before returining to 39, my 2 other open demo accounts moved maximum of 1 pip.:eek:

Lots of times the alpari demo EURUSD chart is moving in 2pip increments, while the other 2 MT4 demo account charts are moving in 0-1 pip increments.:rolleyes:

Interestingly, Alpari's website states the following:

The difference between demo account and live account:

* Functional capabilities of the demo account and the live account are the same.
* Losses and profits on the demo account are virtual. No financial risk is involved, as you do not invest money.
* On the demo account deals are processed automatically (by the server) whilst on the live account they are processed manually (by a dealer). Making a trade usually takes 1-2 seconds on the demo account and 5-15 seconds on the live account (under normal market conditions).
* On the demo account you can trade on spikes. A spike is an obviously wrong quote which appears in MetaTrader 4. On your live account you will not be able to trade at such prices.

I read this to mean that they aren't fond of scalpers but swing and position traders are accepted. What do you lot think?

I am trading (albeit small) on the Alpari platform trading eur/jpy off the hourlies and I have been re quoted twice in the last month, (fast market conditions which ECN's would have slipped me on), otherwise fills have been sweet and problem free.

I watch other metatraders and netdania as well and have seen very little differences to complain about.

Despite being re quoted occasionally, its no worse than being slipped by certain ECN's I have used in the past. No complaints with the live platform here bucket shop or not.

That's good to hear.

My plan is to slowly scale up. I have a system that seems to work so I can take it to any company, broker, MT4 broker or spreadbetting co. If one company messes me about, I move on.

Failing that, I will sell my ShadowNinja Death Trading System. :LOL:

That's good to hear.

My plan is to slowly scale up. I have a system that seems to work so I can take it to any company, broker, MT4 broker or spreadbetting co. If one company messes me about, I move on.

Failing that, I will sell my ShadowNinja Death Trading System. :LOL:

u mean when it is no good!

OILFXPRO

My system is 115% reliable, I'll have you know. It's the Forex Runes that do it.

To prove this point, just compare the tick by tick price action against another MT4 demo account.

Alpari did tell me that the chart datafeed that demo accounts use, might not be as precise as the chart datafeed of live account holders, as live accounts take priority.

I'm guessaing that the demo & live account tick-by-tick price action is somewhat different.

For example, 2 minutes ago, EURUSD gapped from 1.4739-1.4730 on alpari demo, for no obvious reason, before returining to 39, my 2 other open demo accounts moved maximum of 1 pip.:eek:

Lots of times the alpari demo EURUSD chart is moving in 2pip increments, while the other 2 MT4 demo account charts are moving in 0-1 pip increments.:rolleyes:

just a thought alpari use a 5 decimal point system so sometimes it looks loke its moving more than it actrully is could it be that

Hi, all
I am not Alpari user, but I always use their fast demo server to test my system and never get any problem.
Just to share.

Alpari now have a new policy regarding demo accounts - if you do not make a trade for 30 days they kill your account. :[

alpari have always had a 30 day expiry on demo accounts. You just select "open an account" from the file menu and start afresh.

Before using Alpari compare their service for 6 to 12 months on 0.01 lots .

Compare using demo accounts versus live accounts.Run demo accounts and live accounts simultaenously

If they do not fill your live accounts at prices quoted , there is something wrong with Alpari

If you get fills delayed ,they may suffer liquidity problems

What is a forex bucket shop?