Desktop or Browser FX platform

Testpilot

Hi

Could someone be kind enough to provide some feedback on the performance and stability differences between desktop based FX platforms such as MT4 and Browser based platforms like FXCM Trade Station.

My trading is based on very simple platform requirements using the slower charts 1D / 4hr focusing on price action, one moving average and some trend lines. Hence, I'm trying to evaluate if there is any real need for a desktop based platform and given the simple requirement if I could simply use a Linux based PC or MAC running a compatiable browser.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Hi

Could someone be kind enough to provide some feedback on the performance and stability differences between desktop based FX platforms such as MT4 and Browser based platforms like FXCM Trade Station.

My trading is based on very simple platform requirements using the slower charts 1D / 4hr focusing on price action, one moving average and some trend lines. Hence, I'm trying to evaluate if there is any real need for a desktop based platform and given the simple requirement if I could simply use a Linux based PC or MAC running a compatiable browser.

Any feedback much appreciated.
Most desktop progs can be run on a mac but from my experience linux is a different kettle of fish . If you are used to running linux and you have a secure connection then web browser is the way to go in the longer timeframes provided it is updated in real time or as close as. Just make sure you have all your support numbers to hand in case things go pear shaped and you need out quickly.:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart:

desktop-based platforms are subject to your computer specifications. if you lack the necessary requirements for the platform to run, you might encounter troubles.

On the other hand, web-based platforms are subject to website related issues, such as when the website is down or encountering other issues.

of course, both are subject to your internet connection.

personally, i keep and use both whenever possible.