Democrats want to ban corporate profits

I expressed my personal opinion about the video. If you perceive it as an attempt on my part to discredit it, so be it. I don't know what the percentage is either and I have no "inside" information. The 50% number is the one that Peter Schiff mentioned himself, but, given his obvious bias, as well as his willingness to "dress up" the evidence, I see no reason why I should believe him. And yes, it could be that a video camera can easily make an unprepared person stupid.

I am not sure what your point might be regarding the fact that this is a political convention. Are you saying that people who get involved in American politics are supposed to be the "cream of the crop" or smth?

Well you need to make up your mind now.

(1) Are people generally stupid, as you implied with your humans and dinosaurs example?

(2) Do cameras make people stupid?

(3) Did Peter Schiff make these people look stupid with smoke, mirrors, underhanded deception and clever editing etc...etc...etc..?

You seem to be jumping all over the place.

Well you need to make up your mind now.

(1) Are people generally stupid, as you implied with your humans and dinosaurs example?

(2) Do cameras make people stupid?

(3) Did Peter Schiff make these people look stupid with smoke, mirrors, underhanded deception and clever editing etc...etc...etc..?

You seem to be jumping all over the place.
Huh? Why do I need to make up my mind? Why can't it be some combination of all of the above?

I've worked in the broadcasting industry and I know what goes on. I have also produced video's myself. To suggest that this single camera shoot with no cuts or close ups has been edited to make people look dumb is simply ridiculous. You hear a woman say clearly that she thinks there should be corporate losses...C'mon jon...:LOL:

yes, and just how often have you been the interviewee when what you said is taken out of context or as the answer to a question/comment that was never put? You know as well as me that the whole thing looks set up to make some of them look idiots - which some probably were - and then by extrapolation to the Democrats as a whole.

yes, and just how often have you been the interviewee when what you said is taken out of context or as the answer to a question/comment that was never put? You know as well as me that the whole thing looks set up to make some of them look idiots - which some probably were - and then by extrapolation to the Democrats as a whole.

Given the evidence.......just saying !

Average IQ in US and 80 other nations

Huh? Why do I need to make up my mind? Why can't it be some combination of all of the above?

So, this is a video in which possibly generally stupid people, who may not be the political cream of the crop, look stupid possibly because of the camera but most possibly because Peter Schiff has made them look stupid, through selective editing, possibly.

jon, in this case, what you are saying is nonsense. He asks a simple question and there are no cutaways or edits of any sort between the question and answer. There is no way, no how, no why, no ifs or buts that this was doctored in such a way.

At least we all agree they are idiots! :LOL:

So, this is a video in which possibly generally stupid people, who may not be the political cream of the crop, look stupid possibly because of the camera but most possibly because Peter Schiff has made them look stupid, through selective editing, possibly.
Indeed, although I suppose I wouldn't use "possibly" quite so many times...

Erm, why "conspiracy"? According to Peter Schiff himself (he was on CNBC talking about this), about half of the people he approached at the convention disagreed with the "ban corporate profits" idea, no matter how much he pushed them. However, those people's responses didn't make it into the final cut of the video. That's called "editing", I believe. You tell me if you disagree.

even schiff lovers are aware its been 'edited'.......hes at a democrat conference, highlighting the fact there are a lot of fools.....people who claim to be political yet probably do not even know what the word means, thats the message imo......no less no more. at a first guess i wld have suspected that these fools constitute no more than 20% of the attendants....however you mention 50%. wow, so many more fools than i thought he was portraying through his 'edited' (is this the correct word to use in this context?) video. btw he has vitriol towards republicans as well - this is not about politics.

anyway thanks Martinghoul for accentuating further the message schiff was trying to portray.

even schiff lovers are aware its been 'edited'.......hes at a democrat conference, highlighting the fact there are a lot of fools.....people who claim to be political yet probably do not even know what the word means, thats the message imo......no less no more. at a first guess i wld have suspected that these fools constitute no more than 20% of the attendants....however you mention 50%. wow, so many more fools than i thought he was portraying through his 'edited' (is this the correct word to use in this context?) video. btw he has vitriol towards republicans as well - this is not about politics.

anyway thanks Martinghoul for accentuating further the message schiff was trying to portray.
No probs... 50%, to be sure, is a number offered by Peter Schiff himself, so I have absolutely no idea what the actual split was.