demo account

nolan1977

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a demo account that runs on MT4 that will allow me to upload custom indicators?

I have been trying to upload triple corrie indicator that NVP posted but have not been able to do so.

I have been trying to upload triple corrie indicator that NVP posted but have not been able to do so.

Hey Nolan

Have you managed to load other indicators ok ?

I know sometimes why mine don’t load but it may be other things

Generally the issue with mine is the syntax area......you need to ensure you have typed in any additional syntax needed that platforms add to the pairchart names ....like gbpusdxxx

N

My links below do have ebooks pdfs that shows how to set the syntax

Hi,

I have managed to sort it now thank you

Excellent ....let me know how the triple Corrie goes ....use my big thread here at trade2win with over 2 million views ..... if you have any questions :smart:

N

I've heard a lot that many newbies in trading spend a lot of time on the demo account and trade much better after that, comparing to those who don't do it.

I've spent countless hours on demo's...to make it useful must treat it like you would an account with real $. Let's say 10K (don't know how many "pounds" that is don't do pounds :) )fake money, treat it like it's real currency. Feel the pain of every loss. A good demo account can be a real good learning experience ...save from losing a lot of real money too trying out strategy.

I've spent countless hours on demo's...to make it useful must treat it like you would an account with real $. Let's say 10K (don't know how many "pounds" that is don't do pounds :) )fake money, treat it like it's real currency. Feel the pain of every loss. A good demo account can be a real good learning experience ...save from losing a lot of real money too trying out strategy.

i did it initially just to familiarize myself but the fake money bores me so moved to a very small live account after a few days and took it from there (y)

Hi nolan1977, you can upload a new indicator on mt4 platform. Place the indicator in folder mQL4 and then Indicators. Paste the files and restart mt4.

Yep that sounds good .....get the mt4 indicator into your indicators folder on your platform.....then fire up the platform and go to the navigation menu area then drag the indicator from the folders across to your chart

I actually did this in a video I posted earlier this morning over on my correlation thread

N