Dealing with boredom

Hi

Does anyone here trade full time from home with your own capital?

if you do dont you get bored? if so how do you deal with it?

:idea: Generally I'm in a cold sweat watching a loss develope or trailing a profit with glee; so I'm not sure you can get bored very often. I would suggest two ideas for the idle; read Techinacal Analysis of the Financial Markets and use sound alerts on charts, allowing you to at least leave the room. Over the next five days I will be trading while following England thrashing the Aussies, not GBP/AUD, but at cricket.

I have no idea how there can be an element of boredom to trading. Institutional traders work massively long hours and it's hard work. I praise much of my success is from working my ass off absorbing data in order to keep myself aligned on the same page as the Market movers.

I have lost count how many times technical analysis says one thing, news data supports the analysis and yet something comes up to change everything. If you are not prepared for that you will get sucked into their success on the failure of yours.

An experienced trader once said (not the exact quote, as I heard it translated):

"If you think trading is exciting, you are doing something wrong."

So be glad you get bored, you're on your way :clover:

Trader's boredom...
Everything I Know About Trading I Learned in Flight School said:
A pilot's task has been described as hours of boredom punctuated by moments of panic.

Take the dog for a walk

If you haven't gotta dog then take yourself for a walk and observe nature in all its complexity

I Beta Test online games, and flick back periodically, oh and get things done the Mrs asked for, and reap the brownie points! lol

Hi

Does anyone here trade full time from home with your own capital?

if you do dont you get bored? if so how do you deal with it?

How to deal with it? Come to T2W, ask silly questions or post even sillier answers, I thought that's what this site is for, isn't it?;)