de_cooky's Blog

crude oil trader

march 6

back after holi vacations..
had a bad bad day..fooled by butterflies...made butterflies in brent..wti and brent_wti..all of them moved against me..
made some money in gas oil though...I was playing for momentum which wasnt there...there wa lil liquidity in brent and wti spreads and so i lost money by entering with big lots...
1000 pounds loss...

crude oil trader

march 7

one more bad day..1000 pounds lost again...all in a dirty wti butterfly..this butterfly between the two calender spreads has got so wide that it allured me (and all the other boys) the whole day ..it kept widening and am in a soup with 30 lots..still holding it..

crude oil trader

march 8

you work so hard you work so keen..
and get to make a thousand pounds
while you get ready to leave for the day
your booty gets looted by those blood hounds

last minute adventurism in brent spreads costed 700 pounds as the market at its deceptive best did what it was expected to do...unthinkable...lil exagerrated ...but thats how market behaved yesterday..
made money in gas oil was doing well in brent when gave everything to the market later on ..

300 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

march 9

did everything I could to scratch the day and was able to do it..market was tough ..nothing today

crude oil trader

march 12
Bad day today too..Market was all spiky and sweepy...was giving losses at the slightest pretext..
booked losses continuously..got to trade very cautiously from tomorrow...Lost money in all three products...couldnt read the movement...700 pounds loss

crude oil trader

march 13

traded with decreased lot sizes today..market was so choppy and it was very difficult to read it..this choppiness sud go with the expiry of current brent contract..wti spread moved down by 40 ticks where we were expecting it to move up for a reunion with the far month spread...even far month spread came down...The butterfly became as wide as 90 ticks...gas oil moved fine...just 100 pounds for the day...