de_cooky's Blog

crude oil trader

AAh..lost money in the worst fashion...killed my own view by taking a short term counter view and the market turned immediately.. gasoil was moving continuously towards north..i was very sure that it will turn back so built positions...it did turn back but so vehemently that i was caught long with big lots and couldnt even cut my loss on time...lost 70 gasoil ticks..total 1100 pound loss for the day...did nothing wrong but couldnt keep my nerves in the haste with which gasoil fell...
bad mood...will get better.

crude oil trader

feb 5

money isnt coming..just isnt...

tough day..made gud but lost a lot in crack and in gas oil...gas oil has changed its character as i was expecting it to do..got to adjust fast...made some money in wti with butterflies and tension spotting...could have done more in brent...paltry 250 pounds for the day..

crude oil trader

feb 6
a decent day in wti spreads.traded with a view..traded mostly by hitting and taking position in the far month spread after noticing the front month moving rapidly.
brent spread moved up 40 ticks in the day...made money by first going long and short later in the day...did gud by cutting the loss early after getting caught in the first rally upwards...
gasoil hardly did anything ...made paltry sums in crack too..
500 pounds for the day..
inventory day today ..better be alert

crude oil trader

brent spreads went crazy today..were moving to and fro ina 30 ticks range..were giving multi tick losses...Wti was behaving well ..made some money in that..made some money in gasoil later in the night...have open positions ..so no clue on the p & L.

crude oil trader

didnt trade much today..lost lotsa money in crack...I am messing up with their technicals..recovered in gasoil....brent were silent but dangerous ...350 pounds for the day..got to crack the funda of crack spread..otherwise keeping on losing in it does not make any sense...

crude oil trader

feb 9
bad bad day...
traded only crack and kept losing money...I am getting it all wrong...but u know i will persist...lost 500 pounds in crack only...
got to be more vigiliant and watchful in legging in and out of crack...will crack it one day for sure...

crude oil trader

feb 12

traded well throughout day except for a losing trade in WTI....made money in brent and gas oil...caught in open positions in gasoil ..farmonth just refuses to budge even a single tick...so transferred positions to near month thriugh jumbo..and got stuck...left overnight spreads .30 lots...went early in the morning to put orders at market open..lets see wt happens to them..P&L not clear

crude oil trader

feb 13

made lots a ticks in gasoil but lost money in brent ,wti and crack..
an altogether scratch day..considering was carrying 600 pounds overnight debit..

crude oil trader

feb 14 ..valwntines day

A day of slow movement in brent and wti spreads...gasoil spread moved well ...lots of scratches and few hits in gas oil pays u well ..600 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

feb 15

O gasoil..u are almighty ..u provide 25 dollars per tick and as already quoted "lotsa scratches and few hits" are enough to get money from u ..but why are u gilting us this hard these days..u just dont trade..just dont move..please dont do this to us...

Ok...an ok day ...did some gud trades in brent and wti spreads...gas oil just didnt move ..had to leave lotsa positions overnight as it refused to trade after giving me positions...

overall an ok day..500 pounds or so for the day

crude oil trader

feb 16

market didnt move much ...did trade a few in gasoil and made some money there..market is slow since few days...300 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

feb 19

US was closed today...so market was very very slow...traded a few spreads and made around 200 pound sfor the day..got to trade seriously from tomorrow...

crude oil trader

feb 20

Traded well throughout the day...made gud money but later on lost it in a bad butterfly in wti...did well in gasoil...brent was as usual slow...overall a 500 pound gain for the day

crude oil trader

feb 21

slow slow day..actuall y I am not adapting to the new nature of brent...I am expecting momentum which isnt there these days..
gas oil moved well .had lots of overnight positions ..they are always a problem...overall a day of fixing a start of day loss...200 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

22 feb

A day dedicated to gas oil again..it was giving some opportunities and i entered to make some money..brent was asusual deceptive..lost some money in that..500 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

feb 23
a very active day especially in wti..wti spreads fell a lot and then retraced handsomely..made money by going short with big lots in far month spread...lost money as brent was behaving ..as usual ..strange...gasoil was quite forgiving in the morning and paid well.later in the day it just fell silent and am stuck long in all the spreads...overall a very hectic day...800 pounds for the dAY..

RESOLUTION : WILL BE IN THE MARKET ALL THE TIME FROM NOW ON..EVEN IF IT IS JUST WITH A SIGLE LOT...COZ U CANT TRACK THE MARKET BY VIEWING..u GOT TO BE IN IT.....SO i SUDNT BE ABLE TO SEE MY P & L AT ANY POINT OF THE DAY AND THATS A RESOLUTION FROM NOW ON...

crude oil trader

feb 26

A gud day as far as wti and gas oil are concerned...made money in wti by taking views in the front month and taking double ticks at times....gas oil also paid well in evening through scalping...made some money in crack too...1000 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

feb 27

A day of least activity and lots of scratches in gas oil...brent was moving ..made money in far month spreads..made money in wti but as always i was playing for momentum which was absent so lost most of my days earning in one wrong judgement...overall 200 pounds for the day

crude oil trader

feb 28

tough day...did lots of trades and paid lots of transaction but made very little...gas oil was dead slow..made some money in crack but later on gave it back to the market..have open positions(butterflies) in both wti and brent...settlement made them look very ugly on my P and L..any ways 500 pounds loss...

brent was dicey as it wasnt moving till 10 o clock IST and suddenly stareted moving against my positions and had to book loss..

crude oil trader

march1

traded for half a day(had to go for a party)..made gud money on yesterday's open positions...brent spread moved up and a lot and then came down later in the day...gas oil is requiring more and more patience and lods of risk taking...made ok money in that too..total 1000 pounds I guess..