DayTrading Video Journal

bryce910

Hello everyone!

I have decided to make a video journal of my live day trading sessions where I trade the 30 minute charts. I am starting with $1,000 and will be posting videos daily on each trading session. I trade the NY session in Forex and don't only include the winning days but will including the losing days to learn from. If anyone is interested in following along and watching the youtube channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bryce910

Thanks for the support on my day trading adventure!

P.S. Always open to criticism to get better!

Hello everyone!

I have decided to make a video journal of my live day trading sessions where I trade the 30 minute charts. I am starting with $1,000 and will be posting videos daily on each trading session. I trade the NY session in Forex and don't only include the winning days but will including the losing days to learn from. If anyone is interested in following along and watching the youtube channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bryce910

Thanks for the support on my day trading adventure!

P.S. Always open to criticism to get better!

Hello Bryce,

Good luck on your journey, and I wish you all the best.

I have watched your videos, and may I just say you are always impeccably dressed(no homo) avec shirt, an tie, is that the requirement by your boss in the office you work at, or do you dress like that working from home. I must admit, one of the pleasures of working from home, for me is wearing what I want, although I have gone from trading in shorts to dressing smarter, but not full regalia with shirt, and tie.

Also, on your videos you say you are a scalper, as am I, however I usually use a 1min time frame, so I can be in and out like a fiddlers elbow, yet you use mainly 30 min time frames, may I ask why this is(yes I appreciate that there is no hard or fast rule to how one trades, but I am intrigued is all)

I look forward to your response.

Best
John

full marks for exposure dude..........no hiding place .....literally

N

Hello Bryce,

I have watched your videos, and may I just say you are always impeccably dressed(no homo) avec shirt, an tie, is that the requirement by your boss in the office you work at, or do you dress like that working from home. I must admit, one of the pleasures of working from home, for me is wearing what I want, although I have gone from trading in shorts to dressing smarter, but not full regalia with shirt, and tie.

Also, on your videos you say you are a scalper, as am I, however I usually use a 1min time frame, so I can be in and out like a fiddlers elbow, yet you use mainly 30 min time frames, may I ask why this is(yes I appreciate that there is no hard or fast rule to how one trades, but I am intrigued is all)

Best
John

Thanks for the questions john and hopefully I can answer them!

I am not a home trader, I currently trade from an office and that is the attire required in the office. I do however enjoy the attire! I have no issue dressing up and trading as I am seen by multiple people!

With the scalping. I guess you could consider me an intra-day trader. As I have seen most people don't trade the 1 min and don't consider watching the videos of the 1 min traders on YouTube. With that being said I would consider you a "scalper" compared to me with my 30 min charts. I also like to trade the 30 min because I am able to see a nice entry and exit point from there and the spread doesn't effect me when I am aiming to nail a 20-30 pip profit each time.

I am curious if you use a multi-exit strategy with 1 min charts or you are literally all in and out in the trade within minutes?

Thanks!

Hello Bryce,

Best
John

full marks for exposure dude..........no hiding place .....literally

N

Not sure what this means to be honest! lol :p

Thanks for the questions john and hopefully I can answer them!

I am not a home trader, I currently trade from an office and that is the attire required in the office. I do however enjoy the attire! I have no issue dressing up and trading as I am seen by multiple people!

With the scalping. I guess you could consider me an intra-day trader. As I have seen most people don't trade the 1 min and don't consider watching the videos of the 1 min traders on YouTube. With that being said I would consider you a "scalper" compared to me with my 30 min charts. I also like to trade the 30 min because I am able to see a nice entry and exit point from there and the spread doesn't effect me when I am aiming to nail a 20-30 pip profit each time.

I am curious if you use a multi-exit strategy with 1 min charts or you are literally all in and out in the trade within minutes?

Thanks!

Good Morning Bryce,

I do not scale in, nor scale out. I know I have the best, the most optimal entry technique, so entry is never an issue, however sometimes leaving the trade with 1:1 R:R is difficult, as a little greed kicks in, and I want more. A 1:1 R:R comes along with over 70% success ratio.

I must appreciate that different trading styles have different entry/exit criteria, however I personally find it madness when I hear traders who are scalping have over 20 Pip SL's. My SL is never above 6 pips.

Best
John

Not sure what this means to be honest! lol :p

He's not saying anything derogatory Bryce, just complimenting you on your bravery to show your face, I personally have been complimented on my looks many times with the line of "I have a face for radio". :LOL::LOL:

Best
John

Good Morning Bryce,

I do not scale in, nor scale out. I know I have the best, the most optimal entry technique, so entry is never an issue, however sometimes leaving the trade with 1:1 R:R is difficult, as a little greed kicks in, and I want more. A 1:1 R:R comes along with over 70% success ratio.

I must appreciate that different trading styles have different entry/exit criteria, however I personally find it madness when I hear traders who are scalping have over 20 Pip SL's. My SL is never above 6 pips.

Best
John

Very interesting! Yea I go off my support and resistance levels. I like to buy as high as I can near the support based on the indicators and that allows me to create a good R:R. I do a multi-exit entry due to my system based on support and resistance. If I blow through support I simply get stopped out. However if I blow through resistance I still have some of my order to aim at the next possible resistance level and etc. This then allows me to move my stoploss up and have a "free trade".

That is a nice winning %! Even with a 1:1 you are still clearing making money with that winning ratio. Just have to pinpoint the R:R that provides optimal profit even if it has a lower winning %! I don't quite hit 70% I hit around 58-61% but I try to do a higher then 1:1 ratio if possible.