Day Trading is Dumb

i suspect the % who didn't have an edge lost a lot if not all their money trying to find one.
It is the only way i am sure of it.
Only way to get to be consistently profitable, by that i mean the point where you make a living from it, is to learn a lot before you put cash down. Either you are lucky and know people who can teach you personally or you need to learn by filtering out the useful information available on the net and in books. Neither way will be quick, research never is, but in the long run you will then have a chance of survival.
i found that the edge is actually very simple but took me a long time to figure that out. Patience and discipline.

good post .See impatient traders on ftse scalping thread , all of them.

Professionals trade because they have a trade , amateurs trade because they have to trade , when there is no trade.Professionals are very patient.

good post .See impatient traders on ftse scalping thread , all of them.

Professionals trade because they have a trade , amateurs trade because they have to trade , when there is no trade.Professionals are very patient.

Thanks! I am still here 13 years later and re-reading that I still subscribe to it, it certainly kept me in gains.

Today I trade short term and monthly rebalanced algo. Also got rather lucky in crypto, what a ride!

Gotta love it.

Another 13 year old thread dug up by our resident foroom spammer :rolleyes:

Peter

You will never hear the end of him until someone buys the junk he's trying to get rid of. The technique returns a small gain from excessively large exposure. He probably got hit by 13k losses from multiple occasions in the past. To recoup the losses, he has to find quite a few buyers. This is the purpose of the spamming.

Another 13 year old thread dug up by our resident foroom spammer :rolleyes:

Peter

The man said a few words of wisdom , I thought he is wise and what he said is very true.I usually don't give compliments , unless i a post deserves it.

As for you and Beginner Joe , I am finding it very hard to find any compliments , at the noise you both post.They say "empty cans make dour sounds".

The man said a few words of wisdom , I thought he is wise and what he said is very true.I usually don't give compliments , unless i a post deserves it.

As for you and Beginner Joe , I am finding it very hard to find any compliments , at the noise you both post.They say "empty cans make dour sounds".

Why do people need your compliment ? A compliment from someone who can't trade is no use for anybody on a "trading" forum.

Because I am wiser than all of you

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

Well you certainly got that right for once. With your 2917 posts since you joined in April the noise is deafening and the emptiness starkly apparent.

You sure you understand the meaning of the phrase? It's unlike you to admit to being stupid, but it's good to see you honest.

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

Well you certainly got that right for once. With your 2917 posts since you joined in April the noise is deafening and the emptiness starkly apparent.

You sure you understand the meaning of the phrase? It's unlike you to admit to being stupid, but it's good to see you honest.

The bomb always makes noise when it explodes on the scene! All the garbage flies in all direction , when the bomb explodes.

So we are back to gibberish again. I have to ask like the yanks, are you anglo-saxon ?

Those 2917 posts show "I can do" and I am showing with these posts , which exhibit advance calls .

What it means is you don't need 50,000 threads , just 200 is enough to contain quality material of any use to traders .It shows how much garbage information there is generally on the net , that is of no use to traders to be successful.

There are probably 5,000 threads on internet trading forums , full of garbage with hidden gems , but hard to find needle in a haystack!

Those 2917 posts show "I can do" and I am showing with these posts , which exhibit advance calls .

Maybe you can do. But nobody believes you. The issue isn't the calls or the results. The issue is your inability to understand the inefficiency of what you are doing.

Also you don't seem to understand the target audience for your junk don't have the capital to make use of what you've got. The return is too low. The typical dumb joe wants to make 1000 from 100. But you are proposing making 100 from 10000. So you peddle, peddle, and peddle, but go nowhere in the end.

Thanks! I am still here 13 years later and re-reading that I still subscribe to it, it certainly kept me in gains.

Today I trade short term and monthly rebalanced algo. Also got rather lucky in crypto, what a ride!

Gotta love it.

I trade a consistently profitable method , week in week out in my journal , , on Dow and Dax.I trade mainly during the day , but don't like the impatience of the daytrading whacko , I make 100 ticks profit every week.

Even the pros only used to make maximum 25 average.

I trade a consistently profitable method , week in week out in my journal , , on Dow and Dax.I trade mainly during the day , but don't like the impatience of the daytrading whacko , I make 100 ticks profit every week.

Even the pros only used to make maximum 25 average.

What do you know about the pro's ? Where does it say they make 25 ?

As I said before, even my passive yield gets many times the money you are aiming for. What you have got is cr*p.

What do you know about the pro's ? Where does it say they make 25 ?

As I said before, even my passive yield gets many times the money you are aiming for. What you have got is cr*p.

I am talking about professional trading with S an d p traders they make 10-15 ticks a week , you are on something special and very risky.I am talking about low risk , you are talking about account blowout trading.

I was reading this type of stuff

Our goal here at Trading Academy is to bring traders to a level of consistency where they can make 10-15 points of profit per week.It is about

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can do. But nobody believes you. The issue isn't the calls or the results. The issue is your inability to understand the inefficiency of what you are doing.

Also you don't seem to understand the target audience for your junk don't have the capital to make use of what you've got. The return is too low. The typical dumb joe wants to make 1000 from 100. But you are proposing making 100 from 10000. So you peddle, peddle, and peddle, but go nowhere in the end.

Why is day trading dumb?Most forex traders do it.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 431
Thanks for giving such a nice post of Day Trading is Dumb really great post very well post.