Day Trading from home software setup - Advice please!

stockdaily said:
There is no reliable trading software out there. Otherwise the guy who makes wrote the software will be billionaire now.

er . . . think you've got the wrong end of the stick stock daily??

Anyway, long and short is that things have been pushed back three months as was made an offer I couldn't refuse etc.

Although the X_Trader platform scores on reliability, it's API seems stupidly expensive at about $1000 pcm (if I'm reading the costings right), plus, GNI seem to be the only UK broker providing it (always thought they were a bit of a bucket shop) with Velocity Futures in the US looking good but I have concerns about the regulatory regime they operate under in the states (client money doesn't seem to be as protected to the extent it is over here).

Off to see CQG later this week.

Weirdly enough, I knew TrackData very well when they started up their UK operation, had forgotten all about them, tvm for that swandro.

This thread about IB's volume is making me think twice . . .
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58032

I guess what I'm really after is a rock solid, accurate, data feed with an API enabling me to enter trades automatically, coming out of them I'll do manually, pulling the trigger was always a problem for me when I was trading.

Last edited:
GNI are not the only clearer providing Xtrader. Check TT's website for other UK clearers.

Velocity are good guys and have a great rep in the USA though if you are UK based you may want a clearer coz of execution etc ....

GammaJammer said:
As for the high end cost stuff, you're almost getting into Reuters territory there aren't you? I don't know if Reuters / PPP is going to be capable of running what you want (and if the breadth of data for the money is going to cost out ok)

Reuters/PPP is what I'm testing it on atm (it's all running in real time on one of my boxes)
The only prob is that PPP only throttles down to 1sec, However, although I optimised on raw tick data the test reults to date (I'm halfway thru my third three month period of real time paper trading) are pretty much in line with the theoretic.

But, the Reuters data feed is pretty crap when all's said and done.