Day Trading in Australia

bootydaddy73

Hi,
I have been trading the YM & ES for a while now, but the hours are really killing me. Only getting at most 5 hours sleep a night lately is causing major disturbances to my everyday life. I am just putting it out there to see what other traders in my time zone do, which markets do you trade, what kind of volume is being traded and how you guys are finding it.

Any feedback would be great!

PS: My day Job is pretty felxible, so trading during the day isn't that much of an issue

spi
nikkei
hsi
stw
nifty

Plenty of options. You will do well.

Thanks for the response.

Due to my account being ont he small side, i was looking at the mini Nikkei ,mini Spi and the mini hsi.

Do you know any brokers that offer these markets that don't charge the world.

Many thanks again!

Interactive Brokers.

You may even denominate your account in AusDol I believe.

Hi Bootydaddy73,

Are you in Sydney? I am doing mini NQ and ES, like to share how we trade?

Thanks for the response.

Due to my account being ont he small side, i was looking at the mini Nikkei ,mini Spi and the mini hsi.

Do you know any brokers that offer these markets that don't charge the world.

Many thanks again!

Sonray cover most futures...though they're not the cheapest. The advantage is that they're a local broker and your account is in AUD$.

You can also try IGMarkets...they have some mini futures. Not sure on their charges though.

Sonray don't seem to cover Hong Kong (hsi, mhi, hhi) or Osaka (only Tokyo). Also Korea is missing (KOSPI). The info is a bit fuzzy so I couldn't tell more than that.

Actually they seem to be an introducing broker so they are only an intermediary to the real broker and there will be more than one of those ... if you can qualify to use Interactive Brokers do so.

And they have a Gold Coast office (squirms, can see them in their white shoes) and they serve "the serious global investment trader." What the hell is an investment trader???

Thanks for all the info guys.

I am going to open a demo account with IB and see what they can do, or more importantly how I do.I hear the asian markets can be very volatile and there can be a fair bit of slippage, so better paper trade for a little while to test the waters.

Many thanks again!

Be aware: ib's demo account demonstrates TWS's features. That is all.

The data is not timely or complete. So a the demo demouser account is "useless."
They do have a "paper" option if you open an account which does have completed data and behaves pretty much as the real market does. But you need to become a customer to use it.

Plenty of futures to trade in Asia time zone

equity ? IRP's?

SPI , Nikkie , Hsi
3yrs ...
and on it goes ,

More than enough to make a living out of here :) & more than enough to get into trouble:LOL:

Grr..need 10k USD to open an account with IB to access their paper trading platform. Sucks to be a new grad (read: poor).