Day Trade the FTSE

:rolleyes: :LOL: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

glad I got out of the way of that bar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That would have done a bit of damage to the old bank balence,

oh wait a minute it could be a sell spike

Not my thread. It's a good one and we'll miss you.

Split

I"ll be back before you miss me, easy target for you next week Split 24.33 pts. (full)

"NO" not a day , all week :eek: :eek: better not give up me day job just yet :!:

Suffered a bit thursday /friday ftse went into holding pattern in my timeframes and just got a knumb bum: just have to get mysellf one of those stock in a bobs so I can I can find more trades :arrowr: :arrowu: :arrowl: :arrowd:

2 narrow ranges Dow / Ftse if the day lows go put a bit on for me ;)

Trade well and give em hell

An hour into the open and Fins has a 6 point spread on Footsie? Most unusual. Beware!

An hour into the open and Fins has a 6 point spread on Footsie? Most unusual. Beware!

yes very peculiar goings on .. capitalspreads were offering 4 points until 8:29 .. at which point the ftse spiked up over 30 points only to come give them all back in the next minute bar .. since then they are offering 1 point .. but no strong trend this morning means I am just watching this morning

Footsie is non-arguably heading to its original path. Are we going to witness new highs? 7100+ before the year ending.

Looking at DOW Jones hitting 14,000 soon. I am thinking its about time FTSE did the same.

When i started trading from Dec 05, FTSE100 was at 5100.

generally thinking with all the hypes in the financial market these days, we going to see FTSE100 to hit 10,000 mark before the 2012? or is that wishful thinking?

I think that the FT index will, evemntually go up to the levels you mention. The day trader must, however, go for the ups and downs of intraday levels. Each day is a new adventure!

The FT100 has been going up since its beginning. The dud shares get discarded, though, because it is based on capitalisation. NRK. for instance, is on the way out, for sure, to be replaced by a new growth share.

Split

Footsie is non-arguably heading to its original path. Are we going to witness new highs? 7100+ before the year ending.

Looking at DOW Jones hitting 14,000 soon. I am thinking its about time FTSE did the same.

When i started trading from Dec 05, FTSE100 was at 5100.

generally thinking with all the hypes in the financial market these days, we going to see FTSE100 to hit 10,000 mark before the 2012? or is that wishful thinking?

I don't know .. I read lots of news that makes me bearish .. the credit crunch is not over for example .. it doesn't help with my trading .. I'm sure if I came round to your opinion the bad news would become a factor again :rolleyes:

BP news probably holding this down today? ... A profit warning from an oil company with the oil price so high? .. it's incredible .. what state would they be in if the oil price was not so buoyant.

two trades so far today: a reasonable short and a dim long, now flat. ..
The BP warning made me bearish .. then a delay in my fill made me a bear with a sore head:rolleyes: but despite looking like a losing trade at 8:30 it came good by 9:13

then at 10:30 I went long ... thought it was going to be a good trade by 10:50 ... but did not take the 6 points offered . let it go negative. ..and more negative .. and bailed out at 6400 .. ..still up on the day but I'm kicking myself for that one. small consolation as the index has fallen further as I speak .. vindicating my bail out .. but it was expensive .. 11 points ..

BP news probably holding this down today? ... A profit warning from an oil company with the oil price so high? .. it's incredible .. what state would they be in if the oil price was not so buoyant.

two trades so far today: a reasonable short and a dim long, now flat. ..
The BP warning made me bearish .. then a delay in my fill made me a bear with a sore head:rolleyes: but despite looking like a losing trade at 8:30 it came good by 9:13

then at 10:30 I went long ... thought it was going to be a good trade by 10:50 ... but did not take the 6 points offered . let it go negative. ..and more negative .. and bailed out at 6400 .. ..still up on the day but I'm kicking myself for that one. small consolation as the index has fallen further as I speak .. vindicating my bail out .. but it was expensive .. 11 points ..

much the same here I had the the dim long to

4 trades 1 full hit for -25 occhhh, -12 0cccch +12 +12 = -12 :eek: :eek:

under S2 dont trust lower yet dow at S1 + a bit not a trend day yet ? Range breached so will wait amd see and look for entry if index under 6395

Shot entry

Im not tempted yet, That Mr Dow Jones chap always spoils the party

Long later if 12 o clock 4hr bar regains 6400 and S2 Dow support required after their open or Ill pass if no good entry. :confused:
SMALL Taste 1/3 position size dont want to burn me fingers twice :rolleyes: :eek:

Gone for a shower, tired of sat in undies :eek:

ps

Last edited:
Trendlines, to me, are drawn arbitrarily. I just use them as a sort of "comfort line". If I am on the right side of it I feel fine and have no worries. The rule that they must be drawn across the tops or bottom is, more or less, telling the market what to do. How can you expect that of a price? When the price cuts the trend I look to see if a pattern is forming. If the pattern is continuous, I revert to a trendline, again, almost certainly, the momentum will have changed but if I keep to the right of it in a bear and to the left of it in a bull then I am OK- Whenever it crosses, it is a warning to pay attention to the trade, nothing more.

There is nothing to be learned from trendlines, IMO anyway, except to help keep the ship on course. Go inside it and you are entering into shallow water.

Split

Trendlines, to me, are drawn arbitrarily. I just use them as a sort of "comfort line". If I am on the right side of it I feel fine and have no worries. The rule that they must be drawn across the tops or bottom is, more or less, telling the market what to do. How can you expect that of a price? When the price cuts the trend I look to see if a pattern is forming. If the pattern is continuous, I revert to a trendline, again, almost certainly, the momentum will have changed but if I keep to the right of it in a bear and to the left of it in a bull then I am OK- Whenever it crosses, it is a warning to pay attention to the trade, nothing more.

There is nothing to be learned from trendlines, IMO anyway, except to help keep the ship on course. Go inside it and you are entering into shallow water.

Split

Hi Split got flu so at home, Whats Abrev IMO, I dont do abbreviations my brain just will not recognise them ?

How y doin

Split

Thanks for the above reminder Split, Ill go and get my shower and leave bottom picking to someone else RESPECT :cool: I was just musing

So what do y think :?: 6300 :rolleyes: :LOL: :(

Have you started swing trading yet :?:

Split

Hang on a minute :!: (still in undies:eek: )

Dont you fight Dragons in shallow water :?:

Pullback..

Nice pullback onto the trendline....

Attachments

• chart.JPG
    chart.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for chart example Ian and once again Thank you Split for

Taking me by the EARS :( :eek: and instructing me to my FACE :D