Dax.

genti

In the last few days many ( of the once who call themselves city analysts) are saying that Dax will drup to 1500 this year.

im not ruling that out but there is not a sell signal yet.

in case you wana find out more please see attachment.

See ya
Genti

Attachments

• dax.xls
    60.5 KB · Views: 465
genti,
I think the US would have to take out it's lows as well if that is to happen.Possible though.

Steve

Hi
I have just strated off trading the DAX futures. I used to trade the Eurostoxx 50, however am moving to trade the DAX. Any tips on the best indicators to use? How shall i start? What should i look out for?

The type of trading i will be doing, is day trading. I need to be in and out of the market. Im trying to use M.Avgs 5, 10 and 20 day and watch for crossovers. Is this advisable? please let me know if you know of any tips to day trade the dax well.i.e. which indicator should i look out for?

Thanks

Hi.

Thankyou! However the trading i will be doing is daytrading. I will be expected to be in and out of the market. I only recently graduated, so i do not have that much knowledge in Tecnical Analysis. I have been quite successful in Eurostoxx, however am moving over to the Dax. With the E.Stoxx 50 i used to simply use M.Avgs crossovers. Is there any advise you can give me on what i could do in terms of reading or GOOD technicals to use specifically for the type of trading i have to do.
Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

jas123456 said:
Hi.

Thankyou! However the trading i will be doing is daytrading. I will be expected to be in and out of the market. I only recently graduated, so i do not have that much knowledge in Tecnical Analysis. I have been quite successful in Eurostoxx, however am moving over to the Dax. With the E.Stoxx 50 i used to simply use M.Avgs crossovers. Is there any advise you can give me on what i could do in terms of reading or GOOD technicals to use specifically for the type of trading i have to do.

Thank you.

"I only recently graduated, so i do not have that much knowledge in Tecnical Analysis"
DAX is like a Kamikaze flight - you never know when it drops 100p or rally 100p. Subscribe to M Onischka´s daily analysis of the DAX. He gives the trading ranges on a daily basis and he´s good at it.
You might need a translater

Borrowed some charts from a German site :devilish:

Attachments

• daxprogn.gif
    daxprogn.gif
    43 KB · Views: 426
  • daxoutcome.gif
    daxoutcome.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 344
Just saw M.O. had this post free of charge. His comment is that he expects coming weeks (even months) with falling prices.
DAX Monday

However the trading i will be doing is daytrading. I will be expected to be in and out of the market. I only recently graduated, so i do not have that much knowledge in Tecnical Analysis.
The DAX is verrry volatile, I would suggest watching it for quite a while to get the feel of it first.
It tends to follow Nasdaq to a certain extent, so keep an eye on that.
Lately it has been either opening lower or higher and then not moving much for the rest of the day until US opens

Low P/C-ratios and an imploding dollar - Greenspan rising rates next week(?) - no good vibrations in any chart IMO.

Attachments

• Adax3yw.GIF
    Adax3yw.GIF
    39.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Adax10y.GIF
    Adax10y.GIF
    34.3 KB · Views: 271
Where could this be heading from here on? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• chartview.png
    chartview.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 268
The same as all the indices in 2005, perhaps? "It's all over for equities". (Discuss this statement with succinct alliteration ...).

Racer said:
Dax worth shorting big time now?
Must confess I don't immediately see why ... but I'm very out of practice with the indices! What am I missing here?

Attachments

• dax-4hr.JPG
    dax-4hr.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 274
From the dark side

jas123456 said:
Hi.

Thank you.

Note that indicators are like bandwagons - by the time you react to jump aboard it is too late because events have moved on apace without you. Thats why many traders do not use indicators. read up Price and Volume thread, practice, practice, read charts etc.

OK. Thanks Joules.

Regards,

Ivor

Joules MM1 said:
No stop. The pos is open and I would need to to see a strong impulsive move through the 4460 area before considering an exit.

The postion is small now and I need a confirmation before loading up.

A 2% opening position with a build to 5% of avail cap suits me fine right now.

Pattern development satisfies me enough for this top be a small top although clearly todays action has clouded that view regardless of the holiday bent (see US)

neil said:
Note that indicators are like bandwagons - by the time you react to jump aboard it is too late because events have moved on apace without you. Thats why many traders do not use indicators.
Not sure I go along with that. If you view indicators as some sort of magic forecaster, maybe, but used properly they can be very helpful indeed. After all they are only mathematical derivatives of price volume. As such, they can provide a view of price/volume that is not easily spotted withe naked eye so-to-speak.

The fundamental requirement is that you understand just exactly what it is the indicator is indicating - ie how it works. eg a MACD - 2 x moving averages, one smoothed with a histogram representing the distance between them. That provide useful info not easily gleaned from a pure price/vol chart

peterpr said:
Not sure I go along with that. If you view indicators as some sort of magic forecaster, maybe, but used properly they can be very helpful indeed. After all they are only mathematical derivatives of price volume. As such, they can provide a view of price/volume that is not easily spotted withe naked eye so-to-speak.

The fundamental requirement is that you understand just exactly what it is the indicator is indicating - ie how it works. eg a MACD - 2 x moving averages, one smoothed with a histogram representing the distance between them. That provide useful info not easily gleaned from a pure price/vol chart
If you understand what it is that an indicator is indicating, why are you not able to do this inside your head, in abstraction, instead of covering your chart with all these distracting lines, which in fact are lagging, not leading ? The "leading" part comes from "understanding", and not "harnessing".