Dax Cycles

The DAX for this week 8/1/07 to 12/1/07 has very strong resistance at the 6672-5 and further up 6704-5 and its harmonic target for the week is the 6499 -89 area. And a support area for the week is 6499-89 and further down is the 6458 area.
For tomorrow 8/1/07, the index may try to return to the 6637 area with the first resistance at 6627-30 and further up is very strong at 6670-75 then a down move will probably take place till the rest of the week.

Attachments

• Dax Daily 8-1-07.PNG
    Dax Daily 8-1-07.PNG
    60.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Dax weekly 12-1-07.PNG
    Dax weekly 12-1-07.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 223
Dax hesitating at first resistance 6627-30 for some time now, possibly awaiting US market pull back.

The Dax closed yesterday at 6608, almost close to the harmonic target for today 9/1/07 which stands at 6613, and it is best to wait for it to move away from that area and focus on the next few day’s harmonic target which stands at on the 10/1/07 at 6645, on the 11/1/07 at 6570 and 12/1/07 at 6499. To trade this scenario will probably be to wait for resistance for today the 9/1/07 at 6627-30 and 6672 respectively and target the Friday 12/1/07 Harmonic Target which stands at 6499 and below.

Point of no return, however the harmonic target for tomorrow is the 6570 area so a pull back to this area is likely before the final move to the 6499 on friday and beyond

Sideline observation required for the Dax as it surged up on thursday / friday. its intention should be clearer at end of play on tuesday 16/1/07.

Insightm said:
Sideline observation required for the Dax as it surged up on thursday / friday. its intention should be clearer at end of play on tuesday 16/1/07.

;)

dax on tradestation

hi,
im looking to add the eurex to my tradestation subscription, Am i right in thinking i choose the $12 option and nothing else when trying to do this?
Also is tradestation suitable for use in trading the dax and is it live?, i have a separate broker in which i use, i only want the charting and live data, is there something better suited?
Finally, what hours does the dax trade from, sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive never traded it before?

any replies appreciated,

jason

jayjay121 said:
hi,
im looking to add the eurex to my tradestation subscription, Am i right in thinking i choose the $12 option and nothing else when trying to do this?
Also is tradestation suitable for use in trading the dax and is it live?, i have a separate broker in which i use, i only want the charting and live data, is there something better suited?
Finally, what hours does the dax trade from, sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive never traded it before?

any replies appreciated,

jason

Have a look at Esignal, they have an office in London
Dax trades from 7a.m till 9.p.m, however the Dax Cash trades from
8a.m to 4.30p.m

dax

thank you very much for your replies, really appreciated.

I have ninja trader and did not realise it has the dax on it's software. Today i used ninja's simulator and traded it. I used ninja's charts and found them to be just as good as tradestation, only downside was i couldn't use my prefered programmed indicator, but used the woodies cci indicator and got some good signals. I was quite surprised as ive never used ninja's charting before. Ninja trader certainly is a great all round package, if my trading methods work on the dax just as good as they do on the er2 i might ditch tradestation all together. And that brings me my question to those with experience of trading the dax. I want to trade the dax as im getting fed up of trading the er2 due to the time, id rather start in the morning and finish early rather than starting at 2.30pm everyday and not spending enough time with my kids and wife, is the dax similar to the er2 and do you think methods could work the same as they do on the er2, if not is there a more suitable market to trade?

many thanks again guys,

jason

jayjay121 said:
thank you very much for your replies, really appreciated.

I have ninja trader and did not realise it has the dax on it's software. . I want to trade the dax as im getting fed up of trading the er2 due to the time, id rather start in the morning and finish early rather than starting at 2.30pm everyday and not spending enough time with my kids and wife, is the dax similar to the er2 and do you think methods could work the same as they do on the er2, if not is there a more suitable market to trade?

many thanks again guys,

jason

BTW, what is the monthly cost for the Ninjatrader including exchange fees and charting etc.
As for the Dax, it is a volatile market, average range over 40, used to be over 70 a couple of years back, still at 25euros a point it is still a worthwhile instrument to trade. Do not see any reason why your methodology (Woodies CCI) should not work , matter of testing out I guess. and work out the risks and reward ratios as the stops have to be wide for sometimes each 5min bar can cover over 10-15pts.
Hope this helps

dax

Hi, I pay $50 very quarter for ninja including the zen fire data feed, which i believe is excellent value. I use mirus as my broker and tradestation for my charting but tradestation costs me $280 per month as i dont trade with them. I would like to ditch tradestation as only use ninja but i like tradestation's charts and i have my programmed indicators which would not work any where else i dont think, so im stuck with them.

Anyway thanks for the info, Ive been trying ou the dax this week and it works great and i like the market. The big difference i see though is that i normally use the 610 tick chart for overall trend direction and the 55 tick chart for my scalping chart, well the dax seems too slow a market for these charts so i was wondering if someone could suggest 2 better charts that would work the best and more suited to the dax. I only ever use tick charts.

many thanks,

jason

Jason, I only trade the dax and have done for some time. I have come to believe through experience, trading doesn't have to be complicated, it only becomes complicated through trying to over analyse it imo.

I swing trade long or short, my target period is weekly (5 day) I did my own homework and developed a system which enables me to place the trade (market and limit) and therefore not have to screen watch the screen which I find extremely tredious.

I don't want to sound obnoxious or self rightious, but I also wanted to spend less time trading and more time with my family, you can do it very easily by putting in the research hours. Over the last year, I achieved an 82% success rate in taking my profits within the 5 days timescale, the most I have waited is 3 week, overall, I have had a 100% success rate.

The key I found was to have complete belief in your system, therefore, it has to be robust, tried and tested over and over again before going live, I place my market trade at £pp, immediately place limit order to close the trade and go away and don't look at my charts, account until the evening. If successful, I will trade again, if not I simply go away and wait.

I do not use a stop loss, I have a suffuciently large enough pot to allow the fluctuations ( as said before, I do not want to sound obnoxious), I only trade a certain % of this, thus enabling the market its normal upward and downward movements. If you have the time, download the historical data and study it carefully, the answers how to regularly and consistantly profit from this index are there, you just have to find it. Good luck.

Dinos said:
The key I found was to have complete belief in your system, therefore, it has to be robust, tried and tested over and over again before going live, I place my market trade at £pp, immediately place limit order to close the trade and go away and don't look at my charts, account until the evening. If successful, I will trade again, if not I simply go away and wait.

Total Belief in a verified System (setup, with trading rules of entry, exit etc) whether based on any price based indicator or volume is the HOLY GRAIL OF TRADING.
A trading friend sent me this:
"
1. This is based on a Dax Chart Analysis by Tom Williams, however the comments on Belief are by a friend of mine

2. Now in the present chart of the week, most would focus on the chart , however there are a few gem of comments by Tom on "Belief"

a) You have to believe these underlying principles

b) You have to believe that these markets work on supply and demand.

c) You have to believe that these markets reflect consensus of professional opinion at that time.

Also in his seminars many times he remarks "If you don't believe me check it out for yourself"

Now hardly anybody pays attention to these words, but I can assure you if you go through the interviews of supertraders in Market Wizards, it will be become evident that a total belief in a particular strategy and having the discipline to implement that strategy and accepting the probability of the strategy with every cell in the body is at the heart of the success of these super traders.

These guys have stuck to simple strategies and their response have become automatic, there is no conflict in their mindset.

Just like driving, initially we have that fear of accidents coupled with the motivation to learn , hence the anxiety, stress , however with pratice, this conflict is resolved.

Trading which is the most unique profession in the world is ofcourse in a different league. Humans are just not hard wired for trading, period, (to deal with uncertainty continuously)

3. Every trading strategy based around any indicator with say over 50% probability would work if a trader totally believed in it and applied it with discipline, however in 90% of the case this will not happen simply because that crucial transformation based on belief has just not happened, hence as soon as we are in front of the screen, anxiety, conflict sets in. With indicator based strategy, we don't know "WHY" it is working and that causes conflict, deep down there is that nagging disbelief. Right from birth we have always been seeking answers to "WHY" and this is carried into the trading arena

4. There is nothing like emotion free trading. The right belief structure has to be in place to resolve the conflict in the mind, uncertainty against total belief in our ability to read the market.

5. This right belief structure can be gained by understanding VSA principles which governs all the price patterns, price action and the derivative indicators thereof. i.e that is the truth of the market. It provides the answer to "WHY" which is what the human mind seeks. Once that is fully accepted into the psyche, the conflict is resolved, emotions can be managed,(e.g during driving , we still have emotions, we do not drive around like zombies, but we manage them, mind you nowadays this could be argued, with all that evidence of road rage:)) on our streets) trading would then become like driving a Bentley, and this is the only software in the world which allows a trader to acheive that mindset.

thanks for your replys, i appreciate it. I notice you posting from france, do you live out there? I too was once thinking of moving to south west france.

Anyway what I would like to know is what platform do you guys use for trading the dax?.............im very happy with my broker and my ninja trader, but is tradestation 8.2 suitable for trading the dax, as ive noticed they have only just started doing the dax and eurex. I cannot leave tradestation as i have programmed alot of my system using it so other software will not be compatible. But does tradestation provide real time data on the dax or is it delayed? and is it ok to use or is there a more suitable faster platform which would be better?

many thanks

jason

JayJay, I spent a long time in France, still have a place in Grimaud, its a gorgeous area, split my time now between there and England. For what its worth, I use CMC and Stockcharts.

Monad. I don't use stop losses, I range trade, target is 5 days to achieve the target, but I will hold a position open simply because I only enter a trade when my strict conditions are met, it works for me,(82% success within 5 days), longest wait 3 weeks, overall, 100%, but it may not be suitable for everyone. I only aim to trade 4 or 5 trades a month, not interested in day trading, I don't like the thought of watching the screen all day when I can be doing more constructive things with my time method has worked well for me for the last 6 years.

Quite happy to discuss my method if you wish.

Regards

Last edited:
Dinos said:
Monad. I don't use stop losses, I range trade, target is 5 days to achieve the target, but I will hold a position open simply because I only enter a trade when my strict conditions are met, it works for me,(82% success within 5 days), longest wait 3 weeks, overall, 100%, but it may not be suitable for everyone. I only aim to trade 4 or 5 trades a month, not interested in day trading, I don't like the thought of watching the screen all day when I can be doing more constructive things with my time method has worked well for me for the last 6 years.

Quite happy to discuss my method if you wish.

Regards

Appreciate your kind response, Would certainly like to follow in your footsteps as my wife reckons I devote too much time to the charts on the computer than to the family:)))
Would it be asking too much to post a couple of recent trades and if you have a trade on at the moment.
Do you use daily charts to ascertain you Entry and Targets?

Regards