DAX Analysis

Re: DAX Analysis 02/10/2012

The DAX failed to confirm our target finding good resistance already at 6850. The correction that followed could favour a test of the support line at 6700 but overall the attraction of the correction is still the 200 hours line at 6593! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are instead negative suggesting further consolidation/ correction. The decline is corrective and therefore a buying opportunity. Today session started with a gap down, now resistance area 6770 – 6802. We stay long for now
Read more Stock Market News

Tint do you consider the Greece situation is priced in, because it appears that the current issue is far from completed, and may well go to the wire ??

I consider sidelines is the best option and would not go long at present time.

Only my opinion as always.

Re: DAX Analysis 02/10/2012

Tint do you consider the Greece situation is priced in, because it appears that the current issue is far from completed, and may well go to the wire ??
We use only technical indicators.
What about Greece ... Full off news of Greece :)

Agree with TiInt if you don't mind me getting involved here. If you're a TA trader, just trade by TA: the influence of news, opinions, analysis, research, all fundamentals will be portrayed in the charts. None of this ever implies prices are perfect at a given level. The hundreds of thousands of professionals in the finance industry are collectively better able to analyse the impact of events than I am. But even if they're all wrong, I still need to trade in line with their decisions.

Agree with TiInt if you don't mind me getting involved here. If you're a TA trader, just trade by TA: the influence of news, opinions, analysis, research, all fundamentals will be portrayed in the charts. None of this ever implies prices are perfect at a given level. The hundreds of thousands of professionals in the finance industry are collectively better able to analyse the impact of events than I am. But even if they're all wrong, I still need to trade in line with their decisions.

Indeed point made very well....

DAX Analysis 02/13/2012

The DAX confirmed a weak closing on Friday well below the low of the previous session; only a daily closing tonight below 6651 will however support lower levels!! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are instead still mixed with the indicators of the hourly chart turning however above the line supporting the move up we’re seeing at the start of today’s session. We have a gap up 6741–6715 and while above this area we expect a return above 6800 suggesting a closing of Friday’s gap down 6770 – 6802. A return above 6800 will also confirm a new positive reversal suggesting a s/t target at 6993. We stay long for now.

Opened trade long @3 at 23.05 last night at 6733 after gaping up on open.....

Closed for +22 prior to Uk markets opening this morning........market looks flat in my opinion and will drift lower over today I believe.....

As always this is only my opinion.......I remain on sidelines pending US open.

doesn't seem to like 6800 at the mo ( my sb cash charts) maybe we'll get a fresh challenge today.

doesn't seem to like 6800 at the mo ( my sb cash charts) maybe we'll get a fresh challenge today.

No its drifted lower as I thought it may.

Am still on sidelines.The Greek deal was priced in already I believe to around 6750 but little news today will continue the drift.

DAX Analysis 02/14/2012

The DAX confirmed a positive closing while remaining above Friday’s closing and also yesterday’s PP at 6706,75. Only a daily closing above 6777 will however resume the move up!! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are instead still mixed supporting further consolidation. Today’s session started again with a gap down 6749 – 6729, now resistance area; while open we could see a move toward the 200 hours line at 6636, decline that we still want to buy for a test of the 7000 area!! An hourly closing above 6750 will instead resume the move up

Dax again a little directionless at 6725 as I type. Pinched a small 22 pips on overnight short but should have let it run as dropped 28 more.......

Await some direction but am slightly bullish here. I think some continued good news will push us over 7000 as soon as next week.

Only my opinion.

ok i'll just have the sausage never mind the beans:)

what i was meaning was the fluctuation in price as the day goes on ...i have both charts open and they both show the same price but then they change and finspreads goes up/down 2 points. usually this happens when the market is likely to make a big move ...anyone else confirm?

this is happening a lot today...if the market starts to look bullish finspreads price goes 2 points ahead! it's not my imagination.

this is happening a lot today...if the market starts to look bullish finspreads price goes 2 points ahead! it's not my imagination.

Only way to respond is to close the account ensuring Finspreads know the exact reason why.......
Reading what others have suggested this appears prevalent with them.

not far from 6800 today ...might challenge friday/week/ high?...sitting out at the mo

Certainly well up from where I had posted earlier today but again appears no real direction, which for me always means sidelines.....:)

Opened to just 6790.....Still a lot of bull sentiment in the market.....Eurozone meeting postponed for today and expected a negative move overnight where just the opposite has actually happened so far......

DAX Analysis 02.15.12

The DAX formed yesterday a negative outside day with 6806 – 6695 the levels to follow in the coming hours. A closing below 6695 will support a deeper correction. The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are still showing a mixed picture suggesting further consolidation. Today’s session started again with a gap up 6786 – 6737, after having closed the previous ones!! While above 6770 on an hourly closing we expect the DAX to move higher. Read more Stock Market News

DAX Analysis 02/16/2012

The DAX formed a negative day reversal after a 6830 overshooting causing today’s negative closing with a new gap down. Possible rebounds should find resistance at 6715. The indicators of the daily chart are still positive but already a weak closing tonight could turn them below the line supporting a deeper correction. Those of the s/t ones are already negative supporting further correction. The drop already confirmed a test of the 200 hours line at 6676; an hourly closing below this line will favor further weakness and a possible drop below the key level at 6651!!

DAX Analysis 02/17/2012

The DAX failed to confirm the negative day reversal forming instead a positive one after a retest of the 6650 area. Only a daily closing below 6650 will support lower levels!! While above be ready for a 7000 overshooting!! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive and this morning also those of the s/t ones are above the line supporting further strength. The drop toward 6650 failed to form divergences but is forming a possible double bottom that will be confirmed in case of a break above 6834!! If confirme3d we have a 180 pips upside potential suggesting a 7000 overshooting!!

seems to be traveling in a channel 6800/6650 i still think 6800 is the key... as today is friday it may set a new weekly high above 6839 (cash).