Datafeed for Trade Station

Zeos6

I have strted this thread because I have not seen anything on the forums that would address this issue.

What I would like to do is to be able to manipulate the raw data feed into TS before TS gets its hands on it and have TS plot the manipulated data. Does anyone know whether this can be done and if yes, how to do it. For example,I want to plot the data "upside down". Also, if there is code to reverse the data (plotted chart in TS) on the fly and then reverse it back - that would be even better. Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas/comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Cheers,
paul

Can you expand on what you mean by plotting upside down ? I have not come across any feed that would allow this to be done but I would think that you could write something in easy language that would do this. There is a developers kit in TS and if you have the skills you could probably write something that would do what you want it to.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Can you expand on what you mean by plotting upside down ? I have not come across any feed that would allow this to be done but I would think that you could write something in easy language that would do this. There is a developers kit in TS and if you have the skills you could probably write something that would do what you want it to.

Paul

Hi Paul,
By "plotting upside down" I mean that I want the high to be the low, the low to be the high, etc. In other words, I want the data to be reflected in the horizontal x axis and then plotted. I was not aware of the TS developers kit. I will check it out. Thank you for the suggestion.
Cheers,
Paul

yeah, I've seen this done in TradeStation with some simple easylanguage. If you have an official copy of TradeStation, you can access the TradeStation easylanguage library on their forum and have a dig around - i'm sure you'll find some readymade EL that you can download or adapt: www.tradestationworld.com

Arbitrageur said:
yeah, I've seen this done in TradeStation with some simple easylanguage. If you have an official copy of TradeStation, you can access the TradeStation easylanguage library on their forum and have a dig around - i'm sure you'll find some readymade EL that you can download or adapt: www.tradestationworld.com

Thanks for your reply. I figured out how it can be done in EL. I would prefere to do it on the raw signal but this will do for now. I would also like to figure out how to do it on the fly and that I am still working on. Once gain, thank you.
Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm trying the hyperserver lite + the DTN IQ feed along with the plugin for DTN (IQlink)- for some reason the performance page in the connection box shows 'initialized' and does not switch over to 'connected'. Consequently I am unable to get realtime data. I had the same problem with e signal- I've now spent a few days (literally) on this problem without any luck at all. Have you faced this problem anytime?

Regards

Raj

(PS-I've sent you a PM)

Trader333 said:
I am not too sure what you mean, can you post some screenshots ?

Paul

Hi Paul- during set up these are the choices which I have- Hyperfeed does not seem to be
one of them- (Screen print )

The second picture shows that the connection stays in the 'initialized.

Cheers

Raj

Attachments

• Screen print.PNG
    Screen print.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 947
  • Screen 2.PNG
    Screen 2.PNG
    809.3 KB · Views: 820
You should be getting the option shown in this screenshot. If not then you need to use the DTN-IQ setup program that is downloaded from the hyperserver website. The is called:
Omega2000 Edition for DTN.msi

If you have already run this then you need to run it again. If you havent downloaded it then you need to register on the Hyperserver site to be able to get it.

Paul

Attachments

• Hyper.gif
    Hyper.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 386
rajibde said:
Hi Paul- during set up these are the choices which I have- Hyperfeed does not seem to be
one of them- (Screen print )

The second picture shows that the connection stays in the 'initialized.

Cheers

Raj

Hi Raj,
Sorry for the delay in replying - it's a long weekend here and I just snuck in to check my email. I have not yet set up IQ feed with Globalserver but the info I got from Paul (Trader333) was as follows:

"You will need to register with Hyperserver to be able to download the interface. Once you have run the interface software then you run the setup command in Global Server and select the Hyperserver for DTN-IQ option.

You will then download a file from hyperserver that is used as the interface between IQ and
Globalserver. "

It seems to me that you have done the DTN IQ end but may not have the Hyperserver for IQ interface and therefore you are not picking it in the Globalserver. Have you done the Hyperserver end yet?

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Paul

Trader333 said:
You should be getting the option shown in this screenshot. If not then you need to use the DTN-IQ setup program that is downloaded from the hyperserver website. The is called:
Omega2000 Edition for DTN.msi

If you have already run this then you need to run it again. If you havent downloaded it then you need to register on the Hyperserver site to be able to get it.

Paul

Hi Paul,

My days of frustration in trying to get the global server to comunicate -seems to have come to an end- Thanks to your suggestion.
For anyone else who would like to know- I removed the Omega2000 Edition for DTN.msi programme + the IQ client programme and re installed the same and Bingo!!!- the next time I open the GS- it got connected automatically. :LOL:

For some reason (completely unknown to me and esignal)- I was unable to get esignal and GS to communicate for the real data- so I had to give up finally.

Thanks to Zeos6 also for your kind reply to the post.

Cheers!

Raj

looking for a datafeed for trade station 2000i

Can anybody direct me or advise to which datafeed works with trade station 2000i. I have been traying with prophet.net, I can't get to work, pcquote does't offer datafeed for trade station, Please advise. Thank you, Kader

Zeos6 said:
I have strted this thread because I have not seen anything on the forums that would address this issue.

What I would like to do is to be able to manipulate the raw data feed into TS before TS gets its hands on it and have TS plot the manipulated data. Does anyone know whether this can be done and if yes, how to do it. For example,I want to plot the data "upside down". Also, if there is code to reverse the data (plotted chart in TS) on the fly and then reverse it back - that would be even better. Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas/comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Cheers,
paul

yanezak said:
Can anybody direct me or advise to which datafeed works with trade station 2000i. I have been traying with prophet.net, I can't get to work, pcquote does't offer datafeed for trade station, Please advise. Thank you, Kader

I use IQ feed- works fine with my TS

trade station 2000i

Thank you for the reply. What is the datafeed? is it DTN, how do I access it and subcribe to it. I checked Dtn.com, there is nothing. How do we subscibe to DTN? Thank you for your help, K.

rajibde said:
Hi Paul,

My days of frustration in trying to get the global server to comunicate -seems to have come to an end- Thanks to your suggestion.
For anyone else who would like to know- I removed the Omega2000 Edition for DTN.msi programme + the IQ client programme and re installed the same and Bingo!!!- the next time I open the GS- it got connected automatically. :LOL:

For some reason (completely unknown to me and esignal)- I was unable to get esignal and GS to communicate for the real data- so I had to give up finally.

Thanks to Zeos6 also for your kind reply to the post.

Cheers!

Raj

yanezak said:
Thank you for the reply. What is the datafeed? is it DTN, how do I access it and subcribe to it. I checked Dtn.com, there is nothing. How do we subscribe to DTN? Thank you for your help, K.

Your TS accepts data from the GS The GS accepts data from live feed source but not directly but through (the likes of) hyperserver.
You can download Hyperserver lite + IQ link from http://www.hypertrader.it/hserver.shtml
You can subscribe to IQ feed here http://www.iqfeed.net/

Once you install all of the above confugre your GS to receive live data from 'hyperserver'.

These are the broad steps- hope it helps.

There are other ways and sources to do this job-this is the way how I use live data feed for the TS.
Raj

trade station

Raj:

Thank you for your help.

kader

rajibde said:
Your TS accepts data from the GS The GS accepts data from live feed source but not directly but through (the likes of) hyperserver.
You can download Hyperserver lite + IQ link from http://www.hypertrader.it/hserver.shtml
You can subscribe to IQ feed here http://www.iqfeed.net/

Once you install all of the above confugre your GS to receive live data from 'hyperserver'.

These are the broad steps- hope it helps.

There are other ways and sources to do this job-this is the way how I use live data feed for the TS.
Raj

yanezak said:

Hi Kader,

IQ feed, Esignal and IB feed work well with TS.
Cheers
Paul

Hypertrader

Paul:

I am having problem with Global Server. GS is not reading hypertrader. I did download IQfeed and hypertrader, but GS is unable to load hyperserver.

Kader

Zeos6 said:
Hi Kader,

IQ feed, Esignal and IB feed work well with TS.
Cheers
Paul

yanezak said:
Paul:

I am having problem with Global Server. GS is not reading hypertrader. I did download IQfeed and hypertrader, but GS is unable to load hyperserver.

Kader

I had a similar problem and it was resolved like this-

1) turn on GS
2) remove Hyperserverlite and the IQ feed link, if you had installed it (from control panel-add/remove programme).
3) download hyperserverlite + IQ feed link from the hyperserver website.
4) In the performance setup section in the GS now set it up again to receive the live data-pl. note the GS must be running when you download the Hyperserverlite + IQ link (in step 3).
5) during setup for the GS now you will find a choice for 'hyperserver' as your data source- select that and you should get the data.

Raj

Edit-PS- if you face further problems then try calling the IQ feed tech helpline-they have personnel who deal specifically for TS (and I found them very helpful)

Ts

Raj:

Thank you. I will try it later. I appreciate your help.

Kader
QUOTE=rajibde]I had a similar problem and it was resolved like this-

1) turn on GS
2) remove Hyperserverlite and the IQ feed link, if you had installed it (from control panel-add/remove programme).
3) download hyperserverlite + IQ feed link from the hyperserver website.
4) In the performance setup section in the GS now set it up again to receive the live data-pl. note the GS must be running when you download the Hyperserverlite + IQ link (in step 3).
5) during setup for the GS now you will find a choice for 'hyperserver' as your data source- select that and you should get the data.

Raj

Edit-PS- if you face further problems then try calling the IQ feed tech helpline-they have personnel who deal specifically for TS (and I found them very helpful)[/QUOTE]