Datacept

warregui

40 0
Has anyone knowledge of or been offered stock in Datacept Defense Systems?

It is touted as a pre IPO offering with potential massive growth. However when I telephone the companies office in Florida I get an automated answering system - not even a recoreded 'This is the Office of Datacept Defence Syst etc' which is hardly reassuring, nevertheless perhaps that's just me being my usual cynical self.

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
Mike, touted IPO offerings always put me in mind of 'bulling a stock' a la ROASO (Lefevre).

The 'opportunity' to get in early is not as often rewarded as we would like - otherwise, we'd all get in early.

If you're hearing about it - then the insiders want you to hear about it. Why might that be?

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it will be the stock of the century....

On a more practical note - at what time of day did you ring them? And what were you going to say when you got through?

PLUS - Florida ain't the most 'obvious' place for defense contracts...

warregui

40 0
Yes I agree a lot of companies are over hyped in the run up to an IPO. You would think if the offer was so good all their families and friends would be on board.

Anyhow if anyone is interested this is the compnay website http://www.datacept.net/

Incidentally I telephoned twice - late afternoon and early evening BST. Finally the other bit of info is that the CEO/President is featured in a publication called Marquises Who's Who, which I am not familiar with but apparently only the great and good get included.

axthree

185 0
warregui said:
Yes I agree a lot of companies are over hyped in the run up to an IPO. You would think if the offer was so good all their families and friends would be on board.

Anyhow if anyone is interested this is the compnay website http://www.datacept.net/

Incidentally I telephoned twice - late afternoon and early evening BST. Finally the other bit of info is that the CEO/President is featured in a publication called Marquises Who's Who, which I am not familiar with but apparently only the great and good get included.

Right, thats enough to put anybody off then :)

Bigprofit

39 0
My sources inform me that the listing is due to take place a few days before the anniversary of the September 11th, to make maximum play on the public's widely held fear of terrorism.

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
Bigprofit said:
My sources inform me that the listing is due to take place a few days before the anniversary of the September 11th, to make maximum play on the public's widely held fear of terrorism.
Even more widely held after yesterday's (Friday - July 9th) announcements on Iraq's 'WMD'.

maddisong

10 0
warregui said:

It is touted as a pre IPO offering with potential massive growth. However when I telephone the companies office in Florida I get an automated answering system - not even a recoreded 'This is the Office of Datacept Defence Syst etc' which is hardly reassuring, nevertheless perhaps that's just me being my usual cynical self.

I have been trading in UK equities for about ten years and have recently looked to tap into the US market via Edward Tate (anyone had dealings with?) and they have presented the opportunity to invest in the IPO of Datacept @ $6 US per share to which I have taken a small position... I dont have any real experience with IPO's let alone in the US but am informed that this is a very exciting IPO which is predicted to start trading on 09/09/04 @ between $12 - $15 US... I await September with nervous anticipation but would greatly appreciate any response relating to my position.

Many thanx in advance

Gary

warregui

40 0
Hi,

It was Edward Tate who first introduced me to Datacept. I was also offered shares at $6 each with the assumption that they would double in value when the IPO was put to the market.

Nevertheless I remain a little wary not least because I couldn't get anyone at Datacept on the end of a telephone line -surely the most effective way of conducting business (otherwise al these brokers and their minions would use fax, letters, carrier pigeons instead).

So for me a logical progression was - if I can't make contact how would a prospective purchaser of their products.

Anyhow I declined the offer.

Incidentally I have purchased stock on an Edward Tate recommendation earlier this year.
So far my investment as fallen in value by around 60%. It may just be bad luck, but I bought the stock at the peak price. Three days after my buy the stock began to drift south. E.T. tell me that the stock wil be worth around $1 by the end of this year. That would give me a very healthy return on the investment. But I doubt it very much.

In time the stock may show me a profit. The Stock incidentally is Angelciti (AGEL) - opinions welcome!!

samesy

5 0
I got the IPO for Datacept in july 02' at $3 and was told that it would be listed in 30-90 days and am still waiting.
I got it through world sector investments and have not been able to make contact with them for a while, if anyone knows who they are would love the help!!
I can only hope that :
1. it gets listed and
2. it goes as high as you say.(it may be worth all the heartache)

Samesy

Last edited:

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
I guess if you're going to use a tip service rather than do your own analysis you're going to have to take the rough with the smooth.

Be interesting poll to see how many do take tip service as opposed to own analysis.

warregui

40 0
Received this reply today Monday 12th July at 9a.m. in response to an enquiry about investing in Datacept. As you can see there is no financial information -how many shares are going to be offered etc.

Dear Mr. 'Warregui,' The Authorized Subscriber of Record for Datacept Defense Systems, a private company, selling shares under the REG S exemption to Non US RESIDENTS is Omega Clearing Services. Please look to the official web site www.datacept.net for updates, news releases or other material information and confer with your Financial Advisor before purchasing restricted shares with limited public information and liquidity available until and only when, as, and if shares become publicly traded through reverse merger into a public company, acquisition by a public company or registration of shares through an effective prospectus filed with the SEC or other exemption. EXEMPTION BECKETT INVESTOR RELATIONS HAS BEEN RETAINED TO ADDRESS INQUIRIES ABOUT DATACEPT DEFENSE SYSTEMS AND IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ONLY AS TO REPRESENTING TO ITS BEST KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS. THE ABOVE SHOULD IN NO WAY BE CONSTRUED AS A SOLICITATION OR RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE SHARES IN DATACEPT WHICH MAY ONLY BE DONE THROUGH PURCHASE BY SUBSCRIPTION TO NON-US RESIDENTS. BECKETT CAPITAL INVESTORS, INC THE PARENT COMPANY OF BECKET INVESTOR RELATIONS MAY OWN SHARES IN DATACEPT FROM TIME TO TIME EITHER THROUGH PURCHASE OR COMPENSATION.

Ron Brodis
President
Beckett Investors Relations
T. 561.317.3089

fredday

8 0
undefined
warregui said:
p.s. Omega Clearing Services are based in San Jose, Costa Rica.
These people move about: The address I have is 76 Dean Street,PO Box1117 Belize City, Belize,CA

warregui

40 0
The latest address: Erica Acuna, Omega Clearing services, Apdo 10455-1000 San Jose, Costa Rica.

Tel: 5062586464

mlinfield

4 0
Datacept possible warning... ?

Edward-Tate have been pushing to sell for a forthcoming IPO on this. Stocksleuth list the stock as a possible danger area for a scam - check out http://www.evid.com.au/current.html for more info. Edward-Tate and Datacept are both listed so perhaps you're not being so cynical.. my advice would be to avoid this one :eek:

warregui said:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock