Data Feed Recommendations for Ninja Trader

ollywedgwood

Hi,
I've just got my teeth into Ninja Trader and now want to make simulated stock trades using real data (I'm swing trading, so I need intra-day data as well as historical day and weekly charts) . Please can anyone recommend a good data feed provider that will work with Ninja Trader? I have connected to the Yahoo feed (free), but it only gives end of day.
Thanks!
Olly

Cheap datafeed for Ninja Trader

You will find a compatible datafeed at a company called Trading Like A Bank for only $250 per year.

Well, seriously.... Zen-Fire. Technically non-existent (reselling another feed, actually). But within the limitations of Ninja (which sadly does not really allow you to use all the nice features of the feed that is resold as Zen-Fire) it is the best you can get. even without those limitations... but then.... you need access to the "real" API behind Zen-FIre to actually use those features.

THAT SAID: you may get problems. When you start lagging.... make sure your computer is up to the task. Ninja is particularly well known for starting to lag like hell because it can not refresh the screen in fast markets.... with certain screens/Indicators/configurations.

The OP says he wants a stocks data feed. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Zen Fire only do futures ?

Another option for US stocks is DTN IQFeed. I've had it for a few weeks integrated into my own software, and I've got to say it's been very good so far. More than sufficient for swing trading. I think the 500 concurrent symbol limit in base subscription is better than eSignal and it's probably cheaper too.