• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinex monitoring

03/02/2021

Max Investors (THA) : 616
Active Darwins : 3043
Darwins in Latest :29
Darwins in UnderTheRadar :38
Darwins managing > 500k : 15
not quite sure whether this kind of growth rate is healthy or not but at least it is still growing positively and organically. (i hardly see they put much effort in marketing & promotion, mostly through words of mouth - peers sharing, Kinda like Tesla's concept.)

Also, the reason for such slow rate can be due to the complexity of Darwinex compare to those run-of-the-mill brokers. New trader tend to avoid Darwinex at first sight. My 2 cents.

You have currently
- 663 Darwins with at least 1 investor
- 357 Darwins with more than 1 investor
- 430 Darwins with more than 1k AuM
- 200 Darwins with more than 10k AuM
- 49 Darwins with more than 100k AuM.
Maybe that should also be monitored from time to time.

at least it is still growing positively and organically.
This numbers are pretty the same for the last 6 months.
I would call it a stagnation more than a growth.
One of the goals of this monitoring is showing to Darwinex that their policies of 2020 were wrong. Maybe good for survival , not for growth.

@IlIlIlIlI
I could track many numbers but I prefer to focus on few and uncorrelated.
Having 1 investor or 1k aum does not make the difference, often that case is the trader investing his darwin on one or more portfolios.
500k is significant because at that point the trader can start to hope to earn something from performance fees.

With this monitoring I want to answer these questions:
Is Darwinex attractive for traders?
Is Darwinex attractive for investors?
Is the base of talented traders growing?

Last edited:
One of the goals of this monitoring is showing to Darwinex that their policies of 2020 were wrong. Maybe good for survival , not for growth.

With my figures above I try to monitor the investor side, even if it cannot be the full picture. I also think that they failed to attract institutional investors. IMO the reason is simple: Forex and CFDs are not the infrastructure institutional investors are looking for, only private investors - also wealthy ones - are looking for these investment alternatives if more and - most important: real time - transparency is given. No doubt, that is a USP at Darwinex.

It is not about forex or CFD the point is lack of real robust traders.
Showing lucky monkeys would be useless even if the main trading assets were futures and real stocks.
They failed to attract institutionals and they should go back attracting passionates: retail traders and investors.
THA had 800 investors in 2017, now it has 600, ok there are capacity problems and why SYO does not have 800 or 1000 investors?

Last edited:
Why useless?
1612452346467.png

1612452370065.png

The king has mostly left the buiding a year ago - no equity on it!

Suppose you risk 10% on one trade you win and than you stop trading for 3 years.
Now you have 3 years of trackrecord, 10% return and 0% drawdown... ;)

We dont' have to forget that we make money with future return not with past return.

Suppose you risk 10% on one trade you win and than you stop trading for 3 years.
Now you have 3 years of trackrecord, 10% return and 0% drawdown...
I have no idea why JIR stops trading from 2019. His tracking record is still very over average or even very good in 2018.

Anw, I just see above no trading issue.

I have one filter to show me breadth of Darwinex pool of 'serious/persistent' traders that have success trading last 2 years.
Criteria: -1095 days (3 years) actual trading at Darwinex
- at least 10% Return last 2 years
-at least 0% Return last 12 months
Although there are darwins inside that had long inactivity during that period or have total Return in red because of initial losses,it gives some measure of how many serious traders are present. It is obvious reason why there are no Institutional investors active on this platform yet.
January 2021: 70 darwins

Only 3 are well invested.

Last edited:
I agree. I also feel there's a lack of really good traders. Maybe that's the reason why it's so hard to make a really profitable portfolio, you're digging through the crap.

However there are some outstanding Darwins. My preferred ones: SYO, UYZ. Sure there are some more, I'm not an investor and I don't care too much. But I bet it would be really hard to find more that 5-6 REALLY good Darwins