Damn you Esignal, Damn you

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
oh god it's the 3rd month in a row I have cancelled my esignal subscription only to re-activate it a few days later. it really is the mutz nuts for charting and is so feature rich.

I don't execute through it, probably never will as there are faster, meaner execution platforms out there but he kicker for me is you can plot literally anything. like a basket of stocks against an index, a commodity future against a stock. it's just awesome but with so many good free tools these days I begrudge paying the $134 + VAT monthly fee with data on top.

damn you esignal for being so good, damn you for forcing me to pay your subscription.

rant over.

Are you sure you are not getting paralysis by analysis ? Whilst some of these features are useful, the vast majority are not needed in my view. It also depends on what you are wanting to have data for so what do you primarily trade ?

Are you sure you are not getting paralysis by analysis ? Whilst some of these features are useful, the vast majority are not needed in my view. It also depends on what you are wanting to have data for so what do you primarily trade ?

I typically trade technical edges in the London morning - fairly simple directional stuff so Esignal not needed for that. In the London afternoons I like to play US stocks correlation/pair lead/lag type of stuff. I need to plot a lot of custom pairs and baskets, not many platforms allow you that flexibility, unless you can point me in the direction of other ones.

here is a raw example of a spread between exxon and chevron. 2 stocks which have 89.22% correlation over the last year. some nice range play yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• esignal example.png
    esignal example.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 3,011
It depends if you really need to plot them or could you use something like Radarscreen (part of tradestation) which for multiple correlations is excellent in my view. You can set it to alert you when certain conditions are met across multiple instruments, timeframes and whatever else you may want.

I should say that I have no affiliation with them at all but I have found this was a good way to achieve the above.

It depends if you really need to plot them or could you use something like Radarscreen (part of tradestation) which for multiple correlations is excellent in my view. You can set it to alert you when certain conditions are met across multiple instruments, timeframes and whatever else you may want.

I should say that I have no affiliation with them at all but I have found this was a good way to achieve the above.

thanks. I def need to chart them so would be a non starter for me.

oh god it's the 3rd month in a row I have cancelled my esignal subscription only to re-activate it a few days later. it really is the mutz nuts for charting and is so feature rich.

I don't execute through it, probably never will as there are faster, meaner execution platforms out there but he kicker for me is you can plot literally anything. like a basket of stocks against an index, a commodity future against a stock. it's just awesome but with so many good free tools these days I begrudge paying the $134 + VAT monthly fee with data on top.

damn you esignal for being so good, damn you for forcing me to pay your subscription.

rant over.

Before you trade anything every month, you are losing $134 + VAT monthly fee already and don't sound like you know what you really want and plan, then how to trade? More is not better.

Before you trade anything every month, you are losing $134 + VAT monthly fee already and don't sound like you know what you really want and plan, then how to trade? More is not better.

in the grand scheme of things $134 is chump change though.

thanks. I def need to chart them so would be a non starter for me.

Actually - that radar is good - if you wanted to watch 50 pairs & have an alert when there was an out of average divergence - it can do that.

I know I am evil - but if you ever want a Skype chat about how you can scan for oppos, I promise not to put a hex on you.

They will NEVER tell you when to trade but they can zoom in for you.

in the grand scheme of things $134 is chump change though.

Considering people were paying 3 grand for it not long ago, I agree.

I never got on with it when I tried it - but then I always preferred DIY solutions. You know - give me the basics and let me twiddle with the rest.

CD,
If you've not looked at it before, have a gander at InvestorRT. I'm not sure whether it'll do exactly what you want - but it's a pretty comprehensive package. And the guy that created it (Chad Payne) also runs the support and training side, so there's quite literally nothing he doesn't know about the software. If you want it to do something it won't currently do, he'll work it into an upgrade if it's something that's likely to appeal to other subscribers. FWIW, as an ex eSignal man myself, I prefer InvestorRT.
Tim.