Daily vs Futures

pboi

Hi everyone,

I have been spreadbetting on daily Indices, and have started to think my cause wold be better served if I switched to futures.

Can I ask what the differnce between the two prices/characteristics of them are...if any?

Apart from no charge to roll the trade to the next day..are futures less prone to spikes..

I just dont know :)

generally I'd say that futures are more prone to spikes, and more volatile/easier to move than indices. However if you are spreadbetting "indices" then most likely what you are trading is linked to the nearby futures price in any case, which is adjusted to make the value you see nearer to the actual index value. If you were merely trading the index it would be too easy ! Ask their live chat people and they'll confirm it.

rog1111

pboi said:
Hi everyone,

I have been spreadbetting on daily Indices, and have started to think my cause wold be better served if I switched to futures.

Can I ask what the differnce between the two prices/characteristics of them are...if any?

Apart from no charge to roll the trade to the next day..are futures less prone to spikes..

I just dont know :)