Daily Trading Ideas

bbc1183

I'd like to start a thread for any and all of you that are consistently trading the U.S. stock markets. Day trading that is. Hopefully this can be used as a forum to bounce ideas around. obviously the near term trend is bullish, and banks have been doing quite well. Anyone looking to get long any names in particular? I'm also interested in any short ideas that anyone has as well.

Hi bbc1183,
This isn't a trading idea as such - just a heads up on a sector to keep an eye on that might throw up some opportunities soon - especially to the short side. It's the U.S. healthcare sector. Jim Chanos - the hedge fund manager - said that he was short the sector when asked by Robert Peston which sector bubble was most likely to burst next. Chanos's reasoning was very short 'n' sweet. The U.S. spends twice as much on their healthcare system than any other western country (some 16% Vs a european average of 9% - if I remember correctly) and yet it has the worst stat's in terms of early mortality from heart disease, cancer and obesity related illnesses. To account for this, he gave an example of a pacemaker manufacturer who sells their devices for around $5k in Europe, but for $35k in the U.S. Totally unsustainable in his view.
The programme is repeated at 9.30pm tonight, BBC Radio 4, 'Peston & The Money Men'.
Tim.