Daily Dax

looks like we needed another test but it's still hanging in that 25 point range though

think you're right steve... US will have to help DAX get higher!

looks like we needed another test but it's still hanging in that 25 point range though

think you're right steve... US will have to help DAX get higher!

if it gets help from US and can break todays highs 7548 cash is possible...I think Dow would need to break resistance @ 185 cash though

if it gets help from US and can break todays highs 7548 cash is possible...I think Dow would need to break resistance @ 185 cash though

after I moved my stop to breakeven it went straight at it and so unfortunately I am flat now on DAX... my guess is still higher though, about 30-40 points possible

fortunately I am still holding on to my CAC40 long (from the clear break this morning) and that one looks mighty beautiful :)

a pity we don't seem to have much traders here who like that market...(it does have relatively low volume)

after I moved my stop to breakeven it went straight at it and so unfortunately I am flat now on DAX... my guess is still higher though, about 30-40 points possible

fortunately I am still holding on to my CAC40 long (from the clear break this morning) and that one looks mighty beautiful :)

a pity we don't seem to have much traders here who like that market...(it does have relatively low volume)

I did trade CAC few years back....the one disadvantage I found was out of hours quotes...If US moved after CAC close you cant adjust positions and can be left the wrong side of nasty gaps the following day.....Doesn't affect day trades but not good for system I use

thats my stop taken out.... -21.....

well mate bad luck
in hindsight today wasn't that straightforward after all

it didn't get much above your level
and although my longs turned out favourable, I was fortunate not to be any position when we had that big spike down (although it closed right up on support) :-0

What a bummer

The move is was expecting to happen, just happened overnight :(

I had hoped to see DAX move into 7600 territory and hence my longs yesterday.
Now it's hard not to be frustrated for a daytrader (who doesn't hold overnights) to see it gap open to where I wanted it to be...

On the chart:
1: the breakout
2: pullback, where I went long and exited on 25 points
3: re-test, another possibility for a long entry
4: another test and although the bar closes well from the lows, it would've stopped me out for sure
5: finally higher... gap

Attachments

• dax_20070823.jpg
    dax_20070823.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 165
Morning

The dax seems to have a weakness to it at the moment. Prob due to the fact that it did not seem to pull back like the US a week or so ago.Due to ECB stepping in. I think it needs a better pullback before we see 7800 again

PS anyone see oil bouncing from here?

And yet another bounce...

... off clear support (see my previous charts from earlier this week)

Once again this exact same level provided a nice long.

Trading can be so easy sometimes :cheesy:

... off clear support (see my previous charts from earlier this week)

Once again this exact same level provided a nice long.

Trading can be so easy sometimes :cheesy:

6 hours later and 50 points in the bag... I exited in that news spike...
well it took quite some time, but all one had to do was sit back and relax :cool:

6 hours later and 50 points in the bag... I exited in that news spike...
well it took quite some time, but all one had to do was sit back and relax :cool:

HI FW

So you went long around 70 this morning?

Did you close out any of your position or have you just sat and held all day ?

Whatever - good result! :cheesy:

Hope to be back in the saddle full time next week.........

HI FW

So you went long around 70 this morning?

Did you close out any of your position or have you just sat and held all day ?

Whatever - good result! :cheesy:

Hope to be back in the saddle full time next week.........

don't know exactly the cash price, but futures was 7495 my entry...

yeah I did take profits on the first part quite early to be honest
And it did come close to breaking support but I kept my fingers crossed.

I also moved up stops just before new home sales in case the news would spike down I wouldn't lose too much.

Good weekend!

short dax on THAT spike..that´s what makes a market:cool:

I hope you took some profits... this is going up till EOD imho
and I'm bit regretful for staying in for 6 straight hours, then exiting, while this is just drifting higher and higher...

Lol! We both got filled at exactly the same price! I'm still long, and looking forward to good things next week!

excellent trade for holding on... I for one would've been very happy to close it EOD
but that's just me, I wouldn't sleep well over the weekend otherwise :)

Lol! We both got filled at exactly the same price! I'm still long, and looking forward to good things next week!

I sure hope you exited that one this morning then ...

we close today again on the same level that was very significant last week...

Dax back to support levels (cash) around 7350 - that seemed to be the line in the sand in the last decline..low risk long? move below 7320 may warn of test of lows 7225

Dax next possible move?

Dax back to support levels (cash) around 7350 - that seemed to be the line in the sand in the last decline..low risk long? move below 7320 may warn of test of lows 7225

well we held 7360..now bumping up against very short term downtrend; through this we probably test the longer term down trend see chart

Attachments

• DAX500 ticks.png
    DAX500 ticks.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 150