Current events

Pat494

Legendary member
I thought I would start this thread for people to vent their opinions on current events that are shaping our world or country. These are a fundamentalist views that drives many trillions worth of deals.

Last edited:
I don't normally read The Daily Wail but I was shocked to see that British politicians are thinking of giving themselves a massive 30% pay rise. This while they are capping pensions and benefits with one hand and tax cuts for the rich with the other.

Disgraceful or what ?

:devilish:

My understanding was that around 100 MP's from the 3 main parties were asked if they thought their current salary of £65,738 was appropriate, and if not, what the salary should be.

On average Tories wanted £96,740
Lib Dems wanted £78,361
Labour MPs wanted £77,322.

Those are average figures. One labour MP suggested an alternative salary of below 40k

I don't mind someone competent being paid those salaries, but most of the MPs of my aquaintance couldn't manage a McDonalds franchise (mainly due to drug and alcohol dependencies, or stupidity)

Public sector salaries and pensions are a sick joke, its time a few got hanged from lamp posts as an example

My understanding was that around 100 MP's from the 3 main parties were asked if they thought their current salary of £65,738 was appropriate, and if not, what the salary should be.

Lib Dems wanted £78,361

Those are average figures. One labour MP suggested an alternative salary of below 40k

I don't mind someone competent being paid those salaries, but most of the MPs of my aquaintance couldn't manage a McDonalds franchise (mainly due to drug and alcohol dependencies, or stupidity)

Public sector salaries and pensions are a sick joke, its time a few got hanged from lamp posts as an example

Not only is it all a sick joke, but the ignorant majority are either, knowingly or unwittingly complicit in ensuring it all continues, as most of them benefit to some degree from the welfare system we have in place.

The only solution will be a collapse of the entire economy as has happened in every case in history.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if China, Japan and the Philipines can successfully resolve their dispute over some oil rich islands.
Will China as the big boy, bully the other 2 for a " lions share " or will they show maturity and even a little generosity ? Time will tell. The USA is the friend of Japan but to fight a major war with China will make it necessary for the USA to borrow money from ? You may have guessed, from the only country with a sufficient surplus e.g. China.
Japan has foregone military might since WW2. Her defences are not up to more than a skirmish or two. The Philipines is also a friend of the USA, but has no military might at all.

Lib Dems wanted £78,361

I am amused to see Blair and Brown both get plum jobs after wrecking the British economy.

Re: Current events & scandal

According to Bloomberg our hero Jeremy Clarkson & the Beeb are being sued by that car company Tesla. They are claiming big Jersey faked the results. The company claimed 200+ miles on 1 charge while Clarkson could only squeeze out a meazly 57 miles ?? Strange

Listening to Pres Obama talking about the US economy. Wasn't he trained as a lawyer ?
I think he should appoint someone who knows a lot about economics, like Reagan and not try and do it himself too much. He seems to be betting the country on his medicare/medicaid policy. Principles are not cheap and the left wing can't seem to get that fact on board.

Looks like a tragedy unfolding in Algeria.
Surely it is about time the politicians around the world acted a bit tough with the murdering terrorists ?
The Algerians have stormed in perhaps a bit early but bravely.
The politicians should in my opinion make it very clear to terrorists that 2 of theirs currently having a comfortable stay in prison will be executed for every kidnap victim of ours killed. Use their own savagery back on them. None of the do-gooder soppy stuff that is a huge joke in the world of militants.

(n)

I am surprised the gas field workers in Algeria were not provided a safe room on the complex. Were they even allowed to carry small arms ?

There were about 700 workers there and 50 police. The terrorist gang numbered about 30. They might have put a bit more of a fight and fewer might have died in cold blood if they were armed and had a constructive plan if attacked.

That stupid man is now sending UK troops to Mali when only last week he said we wouldn't commit troops.
Has he forgotten Iraq/Afghanistan already, besides the fact that the UK is broke and been cutting the army for years.

Obama is the most over-rated, under-achieving president since Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer.
All talk, no action. He's like a devout catholic having sex; always withdrawing, never consummating, efforts never coming to fruition, never producing new life.

Obama is the most over-rated, under-achieving president since Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer.
All talk, no action. He's like a devout catholic having sex; always withdrawing, never consummating, efforts never coming to fruition, never producing new life.

:LOL: Yeah but the ones who stick their necks out usually get shot !

Behead MrCharts:devilish:

Reactions: D70
the slightest provocation and i think words will become action

Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to preemptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest," the North's foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.
source

Fancy sending armoured vehicles and weapons to Syria. Dipstick has done it again. Most of the rebels are a motley band of well intentioned civilians but Al Quaeda etc. are well represented and if/when Assad falls they will take over not the rabble.

Syria, Iran, Israel, Ruassia, China, US, then the Koreans.........the times are not looking friendly

Israel seems intent on blowing up Iran, the US Syria and NthK, SthK