• TradIndex

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • eTrade Spreadbet

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • City Index

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters
Fluke said:
I had a problem with the CMC trading platform about 2 months ago.
I installed their Market maker CD and the first time I tried to up load their charts their system jammed my PC. I tried this several times and each time the same thing happened it froze my PC.
I tried to get their IT department to help me and made about 4 phone calls to their IT department before I could get any one to even try to help me.Eventually one of their blokes did try to get me going,We spent 40 minutes on the phone and disabled my Fire wall and tried some alterations to my files ect.
I sent them some file copies and they promised to sort it out and as you can gues they never came back to me,therefore I just continue to trade with Finspreads with no problems what so ever.
I have windows XP and my PC was about 9 months old with enough power and memory of 512 mb .
I have read other T2W members have had the same problem and CMC all-ways blame the Fire Wall

Fluke . Do you have (privacy Service) on your security software.???

Right,

I like Capital Spreads and have been using them but now the corporate firewall has blocke their site. Can't use deal4free cos their software doesn't work through our firewall.

I can still use Fins but it's very slow.

Any other alternatives? Looked at IG and the spreads on EUR/USD look ok - 3 pips.

Two Way Futures

I have a spreadbetting account with TwoWayFutures and they offer a 1 pip spread on EUR/USD. They charge a commission spread, but you are still looking at 2 pips max on their forex trading....and trading is instant.

Tonka said:
Fluke . Do you have (privacy Service) on your security software.???

Tonka.
I have just noticed your reply to my post.

I dont know if I do have (Privacy Service),can you please explain what this is.

I have the standard Norton firewall and the Microsoft anti spyware firewall activated and have mentioned this to CMC.

Fluke said:
Tonka.
I have just noticed your reply to my post.

I dont know if I do have (Privacy Service),can you please explain what this is.

I have the standard Norton firewall and the Microsoft anti spyware firewall activated and have mentioned this to CMC.

More than one firewall isn't generally a good idea - can cause all sorts of complications.

Presumably you have the standard WinXP firewall running - is that what you're referring to when you say 'Microsoft antispyware firewall'?.

I would get rid of all but one of them and see if that makes a difference.

rossored said:
More than one firewall isn't generally a good idea - can cause all sorts of complications.

Presumably you have the standard WinXP firewall running - is that what you're referring to when you say 'Microsoft antispyware firewall'?.

I would get rid of all but one of them and see if that makes a difference.

Matt.

What I cannot understand is,I can get Fins and Capital Spreads trading platformes but cannot get CMC to work.I have tried it several times and now am fed up with trying and have given up .

Both Fins and Capital work OK with Norton and WinXP fire walls switched on.
In fact, I don' t get any problems running both Firewalls for about 9 months now.
I would really like to trade with CMC but can't get it running.

hmm.

Have you tried it, for example, with just the WinXP firewall? If that works, then add the Norton one and see if you can still access - then try it the other way round. bit of a pain in the backside but if you really want to trade with them then it could be worth it.

rossored said:
hmm.

Have you tried it, for example, with just the WinXP firewall? If that works, then add the Norton one and see if you can still access - then try it the other way round. bit of a pain in the backside but if you really want to trade with them then it could be worth it.

Matt.

I will try that and see how I get on with it.

Thanks again.

As I posted earlier Fluke, I have two PCs, running exactly the same protection software as you have on yours. My desktop will not run CMC, my laptop will. Whatever else it is, I don't think it's down to your firewalls/virus/spyware. For the record, if I turn everything off on my desktop, and log on to CMC 'unprotected' it still doesn't work.

Fluke said:
Matt.

What I cannot understand is,I can get Fins and Capital Spreads trading platformes but cannot get CMC to work.I have tried it several times and now am fed up with trying and have given up .

Both Fins and Capital work OK with Norton and WinXP fire walls switched on.
In fact, I don' t get any problems running both Firewalls for about 9 months now.
I would really like to trade with CMC but can't get it running.

The CMC platform uses a non-standard port to communicate to their servers so u need to open that port in the firewall.

Give them a call and ask them the port number(s).

DANIEL442 said:
I have a spreadbetting account with TwoWayFutures and they offer a 1 pip spread on EUR/USD. They charge a commission spread, but you are still looking at 2 pips max on their forex trading....and trading is instant.

Do they still use the Fins platform or have they moved on from that?

Also, what spreads to they do on £/$, Euro/$ & Yen / $ - are they the standard 3 pips or are they generally better on those aswell?

Thx for any info you have.

Jack o'Clubs said:
As I posted earlier Fluke, I have two PCs, running exactly the same protection software as you have on yours. My desktop will not run CMC, my laptop will. Whatever else it is, I don't think it's down to your firewalls/virus/spyware. For the record, if I turn everything off on my desktop, and log on to CMC 'unprotected' it still doesn't work.

That's interesting,because I have also tried to run CMC without my fire walls activated and it still wont work.They cannot give me any reason why it will not work.

mombasa said:
The CMC platform uses a non-standard port to communicate to their servers so u need to open that port in the firewall.

Give them a call and ask them the port number(s).

Thank's, thats something new to consider,I will contact them and mention your suggestion and see if we can get it up and running.

Fluke said:
Thank's, thats something new to consider,I will contact them and mention your suggestion and see if we can get it up and running.

If you get it to work through this fix could you post details on here please as I'd dearly like to get CMC on my desktop too. Thanks.

Fluke said:
That's interesting,because I have also tried to run CMC without my fire walls activated and it still wont work.They cannot give me any reason why it will not work.

To get cmc to work on my computer (home)
I had to uninstall all java programs using add remove programs
Then reinstall java when asked for

les

This thread has exposed some similar problems with CMC that I have read on other T2W threads over the last few months.
Unfortunately CMC do not seem to be very interested in individual complaints by their customers,I have spent hours on the phone to them and all I get is promises to come back to me and no follow up.
If I can find the time I may have another go at them and will mention this thread.

They do have an IT problem with some customers and they should be able to recommend solutions as mentioned by the helpful blokes above.

Tradindex by far the best!!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::!::!::devilish:

1. Hugely more practical, pure, clear, easy to use layout!!

2. Above the average of ightness spreads (2pip ftse / 4pip other markets)

3. By way the fastest execution!!! (Within seconds, not having to enter a load of numbers each time for you entry levels)

4. Excellent customer service, and very fast free widthrawal payouts.

This poll is old and many changes happened since then

I am amazed that CMC come out so well. I guess it's horses for courses and if you hold overnight, want small margins and always close trades by the stop or limit I agree they are good.

But, once you start manually closing trades you can wait a long time (30sec - 1 minute is common) by which time the price may have changed greatly. They once kept me waiting 2 minutes and cost me £500 but despite complaining and agreeing the wait was too long, I had to lump it.

Closed my account and now use IG and Tradefair (CS) where manual closes are almost instant and at the price you click. Yes, IG spreads are bad on quarterlies and shares but if you trade spot prices, they are competitive.

Anyone tried Finotec spread bet?