Votes: 37 18.0%
  • TradIndex

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • eTrade Spreadbet

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • City Index

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters
With capital spreads delayed execution and lack of 24hour trading, whats keeping them so high?

wasp said:
With capital spreads delayed execution and lack of 24hour trading, whats keeping them so high?

Good margin and good platform. I don't like the cmc trading platform it is horrible but execution is good. when you put a stop to trail you have to cancel one stop to put another and Woe unto you if you forget to cancel your stop when you close your trade as has happened to me several times.

With capitalspreads as soon as you put your trade through you then ammend your stop, when you close your trade you don't have to worry about any stops lying around and with all this they have good spreads.

I am starting to sound like their sales person worrying been with them over 2yrs :cheesy:

breadman said:
I see that finspreads is in third place at the moment. Can anyone who uses them for fx or any other product really, tell me what their like. The reliability of their platform, what its like getting in and out of trades.

Thanks,

Breadman

Fins is OK, but not world-beating - providing you're not behind a strong firewall. If you are heavily protected, it's a nightmare - very very slow, if it works at all.

One of Capital Spreads great advantages for me, is that it will work well through a corporate firewall

Worst SB company...

zuke said:
IG should come in LAST PLACE! Thier platform is excellent but their spreads are horrendous. 8-10 on Cable and 16-23 on Light Sweet!!!

Quite rightly, Tradindex are in last place. Their platform is a joke.

They haven't received a single vote.

coolTrader said:
Good margin and good platform. I don't like the cmc trading platform it is horrible but execution is good. when you put a stop to trail you have to cancel one stop to put another and Woe unto you if you forget to cancel your stop when you close your trade as has happened to me several times.

With capitalspreads as soon as you put your trade through you then ammend your stop, when you close your trade you don't have to worry about any stops lying around and with all this they have good spreads.

I am starting to sound like their sales person worrying been with them over 2yrs :cheesy:

They would be excellent if they offered 24 FX and auto fills. Their spreads are very lean.

Wasp, I use Futuresbetting.com , any chance you can stick them up on the list ?

From what I can see they are by far the tightest on their spreads, so from a trading perspective you are at an immediate advantage over traders using other SB's. Also, I believe they are the only SB with a trading front-end that is exactly the same as what the "professional traders" use, am I wrong ? They also offer a live market sqwawk which is another good trading edge.

They have provided excellent support for me so far and I only trade in small size. Also, I have been looking at the commodities markets recently to try and diversify a little and they have even offered a 30% discount off their published rates on cocoa, coffee and sugar until Apr 2006...........am I missing something or is this Christmas come early !!

Was there not an issue recently to whether they (futuresbetting) are tax free due to them being in Gibralter?

jas-105 said:

From what I can see they are by far the tightest on their spreads, so from a trading perspective you are at an immediate advantage over traders using other SB's. Also, I believe they are the only SB with a trading front-end that is exactly the same as what the "professional traders" use, am I wrong ? They also offer a live market sqwawk which is another good trading edge.

They have provided excellent support for me so far and I only trade in small size. Also, I have been looking at the commodities markets recently to try and diversify a little and they have even offered a 30% discount off their published rates on cocoa, coffee and sugar until Apr 2006...........am I missing something or is this Christmas come early !!

That all seems very nice, but the important question is..how are their fills?

jas-105 said:

Cant get their demo to work :(

I trade Dow and FTSE on Finspreads, very erratic service today. Lost half my profit on one trade as the system would not let me close the trade. Saw a good entry on a break of level, but the system would not let me open a trade for five minutes by which time the price had moved quite nicely. Just trying to log on can take 4 or 5 attempts, and even then their Java platform throws a wobbler. Would not recommend for day trading as its just not reliable enough.

What with the results of this thread and the last few pages of the capitalspreads thread it looks like CMC will be the way to go. I think I shall wait until the new year to decide for sure but I don't think I'll be keeping my CS account.

If your read this Simon from CS, you really want to be paying attention and get the 24hour trading up and running and sort out your execution speeds or you will lose a lot more clients.

Thanks to everyone who voted and took time to reply.

Wasp

at present

wasp said:
What with the results of this thread and the last few pages of the capitalspreads thread it looks like CMC will be the way to go. I think I shall wait until the new year to decide for sure but I don't think I'll be keeping my CS account.

If your read this Simon from CS, you really want to be paying attention and get the 24hour trading up and running and sort out your execution speeds or you will lose a lot more clients.

Thanks to everyone who voted and took time to reply.

Wasp

I am a new(ish)member and thought I would add a few comments having just seen this thread.

Before you open your account with CMC you should ask them if they have sorted their recent problem with on-line order entry.

Basically I have had a few orders rejected recently. When I press the BUY/SELL button I get "Order rejected - call dealing desk". Only happened a few times but when I called to discuss it with them they said they had a problem with "their IT" and hoped to have it fixed soon. Don't know how widespread it is but it has happened to me a few times now.

Btw, a useful survey.

I had a problem with the CMC trading platform about 2 months ago.
I installed their Market maker CD and the first time I tried to up load their charts their system jammed my PC. I tried this several times and each time the same thing happened it froze my PC.
I tried to get their IT department to help me and made about 4 phone calls to their IT department before I could get any one to even try to help me.Eventually one of their blokes did try to get me going,We spent 40 minutes on the phone and disabled my Fire wall and tried some alterations to my files ect.
I sent them some file copies and they promised to sort it out and as you can gues they never came back to me,therefore I just continue to trade with Finspreads with no problems what so ever.
I have windows XP and my PC was about 9 months old with enough power and memory of 512 mb .
I have read other T2W members have had the same problem and CMC all-ways blame the Fire Wall

blackmoon said:
I am a new(ish)member and thought I would add a few comments having just seen this thread.

Before you open your account with CMC you should ask them if they have sorted their recent problem with on-line order entry.

Basically I have had a few orders rejected recently. When I press the BUY/SELL button I get "Order rejected - call dealing desk". Only happened a few times but when I called to discuss it with them they said they had a problem with "their IT" and hoped to have it fixed soon. Don't know how widespread it is but it has happened to me a few times now.

Btw, a useful survey.

Yes this has happened to me several times and I knew it was a problem with their software as the price was just there .

Fluke said:
I had a problem with the CMC trading platform about 2 months ago.
I installed their Market maker CD and the first time I tried to up load their charts their system jammed my PC. I tried this several times and each time the same thing happened it froze my PC.
I tried to get their IT department to help me and made about 4 phone calls to their IT department before I could get any one to even try to help me.Eventually one of their blokes did try to get me going,We spent 40 minutes on the phone and disabled my Fire wall and tried some alterations to my files ect.
I sent them some file copies and they promised to sort it out and as you can gues they never came back to me,therefore I just continue to trade with Finspreads with no problems what so ever.
I have windows XP and my PC was about 9 months old with enough power and memory of 512 mb .
I have read other T2W members have had the same problem and CMC all-ways blame the Fire Wall

Ditto, although interestingly I have that problem on my desktop, but my laptop works fine. It isn't the firewall as I have exactly the same protection software running on each. If I only had my desktop I couldn't trade with them, simple as that. They must be losing a lot of potential business.

Interesting stuff. The only thing stopping most people signing up is the minimum deposit, perhaps, so maybe the hope is that the rest of the SB companies will lose business, then fight back by offering better spreads. No doubt they could still make a profit with zero spread!