Currency Futures Trades for 2014

proTrder

14 0
Hello Traders,
I have been trading currency futures for the last three years. With only a few good months here and there and some breakeven, generally speaking, for the most part, every year my account closed with a loss. But my trading skills has improved a lot and I was able to avoid a losing cycle when I follow my rules. So, beginning this new year, I should have a winning year as a whole, not just a few months of winners. My rule number one is to follow my rules. So, to help myself and become a responsible trader, I will be posting all my trades by end of week. My goal is to average 5p/day/25p/w and 100p/m.

Good Luck to all of us!
Thanks!

Last edited:

proTrder

14 0
Hey Traders,
It was a great first day trading of the year for me this morning. I love it when the markets move quite a bit overnight which gives some room to trade. :cool:

proTrder

14 0
No sweating bullets this year as I try to make a small gain - 5p/day or average 25p/wk. 20% of my strategy is to trade a swing when I notice a big move is happening. As of last Friday, I took a long position on USD and letting the profits run. This is one of the rare situations that I hold a position over the weekend. I don't plan scaling in or out of trades. If a trade looks high probablity I am all in and all out when I am wrong.
Cheers!

DowJones

Experienced member
1,073 391
Hello Traders,
I have been trading currency futures for the last three years. With only a few good months here and there and some breakeven, generally speaking, for the most part, every year my account closed with a loss. But my trading skills has improved a lot and I was able to avoid a losing cycle when I follow my rules. So, beginning this new year, I should have a winning year as a whole, not just a few months of winners. My rule number one is to follow my rules. So, to help myself and become a responsible trader, I will be posting all my trades by end of week. My goal is to average 5p/day/25p/w and 100p/m.

Good Luck to all of us!
Thanks!

Hi proTrader, I sympathise with the steep learning curve (having been through it myself). However, credit to you for your honesty and perseverance - both are traits that will serve you well if you want to continue with trading as a career. As a fellow currency trader I wish you well for 2014.

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,053
Hey Traders,
It was a great first day trading of the year for me this morning. I love it when the markets move quite a bit overnight which gives some room to trade. :cool:

Philadelphia Eagles fan?

GO EAGLES!

Good luck to you in 2014 :)

Peter

Last edited:

proTrder

14 0
Thank you guys.
I don't know about you but for me, this year got to be pay back time! I just love Eagles as a great bird that owns the sky and superior hunting skills with precise timing.
:)

proTrder

14 0
Here is a recap from my last trade. I usually don't like trading swing overnight especially on weekends. As I mentioned, I had a long USD and I was in the money. Then I decided to hold but the reversals took my stop out to breakeven early this week after holding on to it for a couple of trading days. You see, I should have taken the profit on Friday and done with it. Wasted two days because I was stuck in the open position and lost some good trading opportunities. Later on, I was able to make a nice run going long USD during the ECB rate decision on Thursday. And this Friday morning I traded NFP and made some extra pips going both long and short the EUR. But my Friday trade was more of a defensive to keep my winners for the week. Now, I am three weeks ahead of the game pip wise for this month. Not bad for a start huh? I am usually like that where I would hit my monthly target in a week but then problem comes later on when I deviate from my rules. But this time I hope it is different.

Plan a trade and trade a plan.
Nice weekend!

Last edited:

proTrder

14 0
It was great week for me again. Actually better than last week. Most of my pips was made on Wednesday and Thursday. Yesterday for example, when the CPI data came out, I quickly bought EUR at 1.36 and sold at 1.3640. This morning, I sold the EUR again and my target was 1.3550 but had to bail out at 1.3556 for a quick gain. I get more defensive on Friday's to keep my winners for the week. I am done for the week and I have made 162 pips for this month! My goal is to make 5 pips/day, 25p/wk. I am way ahead of the game. It is nice to have some cushion although I don't expect anything bad to happen because my number one rule for this year is NO TRADE WITH OUT A STOP! Like Larry Williams once said, "They can have my money but can't have me!" Losing without a stop messes up my head and puts me back in to a losing cycle! I know how it feels and I don't want to go back there again. I am done with that cycle. Trading with a STOP, I am doing better than expected so far! But there are some things I still need to work on like being more disciplined.

Have a great weekend!
Cheers!

Last edited:

proTrder

14 0
What a great week again this week. Big moves in the market led to big opportunity. I was up 30 pips early in the week and went on gaining more pips as EUR headed towards 1.37. Over all I made 102 pips this week alone. My profit target is only 25pips for a week but letting the winner run is where the big win comes from especially, in a week like this when price moves big time without news. It was purely on technical levels. Early this week, the weekly chart on EUR was screaming to go up, I had a long bias on the EUR early on and was trading on the right side.

We may have some rebound on the USD next week. I don't see the EUR trading above 1.3750 but who knows, the market does what ever it likes to do. We just trade with it.

Have a great weekend!
Cheers!

Last edited:

proTrder

14 0
Here is my Friday update and end of month update. I had a very erratic Monday and gave some of the profit. The market was choppy and I was not trading properly. I was a bit euphoric from all the pips gained from the prior 3 weeks. I kind of over traded a bit and had a series of small but controlled losses. As the week progressed, I had anticipated a nice move on Wednesday on the FOMC announcement but again the trend did not unfold as I anticipated and by far it was one of the lame moves I ever seen during announcements. Today, Friday was my best day of the week and was able to ride the USD uptrend this morning. Overall, I closed the first month of the year with a BIG win by surpassing over my profit target.

I am laughing all the way to the bank!::LOL:
Have a nice weekend!:cool:
Cheers!

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock