Crude oil contract increase not reflecting in eft (HOU)

Yang di

Hey guys I had bought shares in & eft call HOU back in September when it was around $5 per share. It then plunged to $3 where a reverse split happen & half of my shares were sold @ that price. Since HOU is tied to oil I notice on every new oil contract the price always increase $1 but that increase does not reflect in HOU. There were 4 oil contract this year which added around $4 gain to crude oil & for every $1 increase there should be $.40 gain for HOU so technically HOU price should be $6.50 instead it's $4.94 which is really reflecting a oil price of $32.50 & not $36.50. If the price of oil does not rebound in the next few years that means oil can be @ $44.50 just on contract increase & HOU can still be @ $4.94. Or worse case scenario oil dips to $30 & HOU does a second reverse split. If I knew this information before hand I would of never buy this eft.

Also the price of gas is not reflecting the price of oil that means the refinery are bailing out the producers to keep them pumping plus the govt is increasing the price for other services to replace revenue being lost from low oil prices.

Oil is in contango so ETFs that hold oil futures will lose money every time they roll contracts forward.