Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

another 50 pips up on cable from the last post here at 9am .....great morning

I trade around 2% of bank on 5-8 pip stops .....you do the math on the profits from a 50 pip move

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 26th May 2020 2.JPG
    forex Diary 26th May 2020 2.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 117
usd still falling and driving more profitability on USD pairs

ive traded a 120 pip bull move since getting on Cable this morning

Attachments

• forex Diary 26th May 2020 3.JPG
    forex Diary 26th May 2020 3.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 104
Forex Diary 27th May 2020

slow start today .....usd tight range ....no bias

chf and gbp broken bear recently so selling .....cad breaching north

a little scrappy but scalps there now

N

Interesting morning......cable sells eventually faded as usd came down into yen / chf bear zones

Euro was a great buy then into lunchtime against yen and USD ...

with US equities taking early hits we are seeing a big rally in yen , USD and Chf at moment , nice resells again on Cable and AUD a safe sell ......these days i am taking more notice of the us equities market as the link to carry trades on yen , USD and Chf is pretty strong again ......

lets just say i'm very averse to playing any usd / Yen / Chf sells into a falling equity market and vice versa

takes me back a few years this does ............in fact my first public forums were all around this in 2009

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 27th May 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 27th May 2020.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 150
forex Diary 28th May 2020

slow start ....USD and Yen both swung bear but now faded north back to neutrality
GBP , CAD and AUD the bulls so far
CHF now main bear

made a few pips off the initial yen / USD sells but scrappy now ...need more directional bias

N

Forex Diary 29th May 2020

ok slowish start ......GBP finally showing its bias from 7.30 ish ..bear

Taken a few cable bear scalps but nothing serious ....NZD and AUD bullish

USD very rangy ........

for the week we have seen decent USD & JPY Selling to -150s .....Cad was king by wednesday hitting nearly 200 pip gains but has come off now .... nothing naturally over extended into friday so no calls from me for weekend closeouts

N

Forex Week ending 29th May 2020

last week saw nice Selloffs on Yen and USD
Cad was main Bull to wednesday - then it faded , Euro roared briefly

good week for me ...naturally trying to reflect those moves on lower timeframes when offered

always use Forex strengthmeters to see the bigger picture .... ..why limit your trading success ?

Neil
(NVP)

Attachments

• forex Diary week ending 29th may 2020.JPG
    forex Diary week ending 29th may 2020.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 148
Forex Diary 1st June 2020

ok morning ........usd and Yen got bear quickly to -20s pips .......AUD, GBP and CAD all been positive bulls to +15s to cad 30s

ok so far .....happy to be buying cable and selling Ucad mainly

N

Forex Diary 2nd June 2020

excellent morning ....usd and Yen are Bear ...and CAD and GBP have delivered on the bull side

Cable has moved some 50-6 pips bull since 6am so no complaints

strengthmeters always get you on the best trending pairs ....use them

N

Last edited:
nice day today ......Yen been as low as -14 pips from 6am ...usd bearish as well to -40's

GBP been to +60's .....AUD , NZD and EURO all acceptable buys

ive done well buying Cable and E/J ...my favourite yen pair

N

Forex Diary 3rd June 2020

interesting morning so far .....

Euro and GBP got bull early so been on them in pairs, Euro extending now to +35 pips since 6am GMT

USD faked a bear move then came bull...really frustrating on the europeans buy options

Yen and AUD are the sells .....both been to -30s so far

with Yen and USD finally splitting this morning ive been mainly successful on EJ buys and some AU sells .....

my worse scenario is when USD and GBP run (correlate) together as this morning......i then have to go play elsewhere and know their connection wont last .... you watch !

N

long day .......USD has retained bull status but fading more recently .......AUD stayed bearish .....cad been south.....USD and GBP have stayed pretty correlated ...that surprised me as was looking for some trades off any divergence

N

Forex Diary 4th June 2020

long morning ....USD mainly light Bull but faded last 2 hours into Bear ..Yen following
GBP bear of morning so far to -30s
CAD , CHF and Euro all hit +30 so far

Easiest action was cable selling earlier ....at the moment its all about EU and EJ buying ...awaiting US opens

N

Last edited:
the 1 hourly Chart
Hmmmm......just glimpsed at the 1 hourly charts with setting 200 MA and Delta 3
the US$/YEN tag team (Green/Yellow) are in full attack mode going up, mainly at the cost of Sterling (Red)......better get my holiday currency now !
Sometimes I add overbought/oversold lines to these charts based on the historic levels that some currencies achieve (mainly Yen and GBP that stretch the boundaries the most in highs/lows) so I know how much more is left or if a Currency is poised to retrace ........
in this scenario the prices have potentially more to go to get anywhere near the over bought/sold levels possible (even the Red line GBP)....
so based on everything else one should be theoretically still selling pound and buying either of the tag team currencies until the bias changes (go with the Trend)..........
I would not advocate mixing the 2 volatile currencies (JPY/GBP) unless you like your action fast and stops wide......
Neil

sorry i didnt update yesterday ...i had some issues with my laptop i use for social media and bloogging ....its better today

Forex Diary for Week ending 5th June 2020...

heres my donation FixStart indicator showing the weeks action...

nothing comes closer for showing traders all the G8 currencies and what they did.....a little easier than 28 seperate charts !

YEN Dominated the Bears all week from Tuesday ....450 pips of selling all the way though to Fridat evening

4 currencies all had good bull weeks ......CAD, then AUD , NZD and GBP as well ....all decent buys at times

USD was a healthy Bear all week with Chf and Yen ...no complaints selling it into currencies

NFPs Yesterday ....

heres a chart showing the 2 hours following 1.30pm GMT HFP announcement.....hugely better than expected it held USD positive post event and slammed CHF and Yen south....CAD spiking Bull and then again loved the Show going +60 pips inside an hour .....its easy to do this stuff with the donation fixstart indicator

overall i was happy with my weeks trading...due to Biz consulting work committments i wasnt in the market as much as i could have been ....shame as there were plenty of pips around !

interesting times !
N

Attachments

• forex Diary week ending 5th June  2020.JPG
    forex Diary week ending 5th June 2020.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 5th June NFP 2.JPG
    5th June NFP 2.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 133
solid morning in markets ...good pips around

GBP is The Sell .....nothing else matters

N