Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Forex Diary for the week ending 5th Nov 2021

My fix start indicator on chart is available here for £15 donation to charity

finally we had a week with some better action ....

BULLS
good week for yellow Yen (120 pips) , Grey CHF , Green USD and even the Blue Euro

BEARS
Red GBP got hit hard late in the week to - 200 pips ( on disappointing neutral Interest rate news)
Orange AUD got to -70s

soo...not too bad ......

Trade of week ?

Anything Selling GBP later in the seek was excellent off that interest news .....and it wasnt an immediate collapse either so time to get in on the selling across most GBP pairs

my Strengthmeters have given me a tremendous insight into the FX market for the last 21 years ....no magic boxes / no circus tricks or Gimmicks ....

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 5th Nov 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 5th Nov 2021.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Forex Diary for the week ending 12th Nov 2021

not a bad week ...USD got busy .....

BULLS
good week for Green USD - after a bear start to -40s by Tuesday it then swung some +150 pips north
Red GBP was next best play hitting +80 pips by mid Tuesday

BEARS
Gray CHF got hit hard twice in the week (Mon / Tues) to -60 pips )
Orange AUD got to -60s pips as well by Wednesday
Blue Euro and Brown Cad all came bear by Friday to -40s

soo...not too bad ......

Trade of week ?

Buying GBP pairs up to the Tuesday European session was ok .....after that Buying USD from US open Session Tuesday through to end of Thursday was pretty hot....a decent week for swing trades

Strengthmeters like this have given me a tremendous insight into the FX market for the last 21 years ....no magic boxes / no circus tricks or Gimmicks ....very few Forex Traders use Relative strength in Their Trading and lose as a result .....

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 12th Nov 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 12th Nov 2021.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Forex Diary for the week ending 19th Nov 2021

BULLS
good week for Red GBP - by Thursday it hit +140 pips north
Green USD and Yellow JPY swung north late in week - JPY swung some +140 pips from wednesday lows

BEARS
Blue Euro ruled the sells...to -130 pips by Friday - Euros having a real bad period at the moment from Covid scares and its dovish stance on interest rates in the face of inflation......
Yellow Yen , Grey CHF and even Orange AUD all came bear by Friday to -50 pips at times

Trade of the week ?

Euro was the easy goto sell most of the week .......only Thursday did it rally.... only to be killed again on Friday again
GBP was a screaming buy mon-late Wed......
USD was bullish most of the week so crosses favoured selling the weaker currencies into it

Strengthmeters like this have given me a tremendous insight into the FX market for the last 21 years ....no magic boxes / no circus tricks or Gimmicks ....very few Forex Traders use Relative strength in Their Trading and lose as a result .....

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 19th Nov 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 19th Nov 2021.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Forex Diary for the week ending 26th Nov 2021

BULLS
good week for Yellow JPY and grey CHF - both hit +150 pips on friday ...big play
Blue Euro and Green USD both had decent weeks to +100s

BEARS
Bad week for Turquoise NZD ....despite hiking int rates to 0.75% ......no gratitude !
Yellow Yen , Brown Cad , even Red GBP all got bear at times ....sub 100 pips though

Trades of the week ?

Yen started bear and then swung some 230 pips north from Tuesday to Friday ....awesome opportunity to sell most currencies into it from tuesday late ......

NZD was a sell from Wednesdays asian session .......all the way to late Friday

USD was a steady buy all week until friday ....so decent early trades selling JPY GBP and NZD

Strengthmeters have given me a tremendous insight into the FX market for the last 21 years ....
no magic boxes / no circus tricks or Gimmicks ....very few Forex Traders use Relative strength in Their Trading .....maybe its time to try them ?

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 26 th Nov 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 26 th Nov 2021.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Forex Diary for the week ending 3rd Dec 2021

BULLS
good week for Yellow JPY and grey CHF - both spiked north on Tuesday then rehit +100 pips by friday ...

BEARS
Red GBP took a Spike sell Tuesday to -100 pips, then rallied before returning south to -90s by friday
Orange AUD sold off Thurs/Fri to -100 pips
Yellow JPY got to -60s by early tuesday

Trades of the week ?

Yen started bear to -60s and then swung some 170 pips north from Tuesday to Friday ....awesome opportunity to sell most currencies into it from early Tuesday......

AUD took selling heat from early Thursday session so a decent sell on all pairs (except Red GBP)

GBP had 2 big swing sells - one to Tuesday US open and then again selling from late Thursday sessions.. good buys on all except the Aussie currencies

USD was relatively flat all week - peaking north on the US Powell speech Tuesday......most other currencies spiked as well off his message (See earlier comments)

Strengthmeters have given me a tremendous insight into the FX market for the last 21 years ....
no magic boxes / no circus tricks or Gimmicks ....very few Forex Traders use Relative strength in Their Trading .....maybe its time to try them ?

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 3rd Dec 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 3rd Dec 2021.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the article about correlation trading. It is one of the most used trading strategies I believe. Traders with other strategies use correlation as well to find out more clues to determine its next route. Your explained strategy explains it in detail and sounds like a trader only can depend on correlation if he gets well acquainted with it.

Thanks for sharing the article about correlation trading. It is one of the most used trading strategies I believe. Traders with other strategies use correlation as well to find out more clues to determine its next route. Your explained strategy explains it in detail and sounds like a trader only can depend on correlation if he gets well acquainted with it.
hey S

Thanks .....and yes it takes a while to really understand and apply correlation consistently for profit

good trading
N

Forex Diary for the week ending 10th Dec 2021

Big Volatility week - finally !!!

BULLS
good week for Brown CAD ....massive push to +230 pips by Wednesday
Orange AUD did ok getting to +150's by Wednesday

BEARS
Yellow JPY got to -170's by Wednesday.....the rest were sub 100 pip moves lead by Grey CHF

Trades of the week ?

All about first 3 days of the week as the G8 Diverged nicely !
Brown CAD dominated the bull plays and Yellow Yen the Bears ....so many opportunities to make serious pips this week
then a lot of pairs came off into the weekend (predictable)

Strengthmeters give me a tremendous insight into the FX market, but very few Forex Traders use them in their Trading..... a real shame as you need every edge possible to make consistent money !

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 10th Dec 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 10th Dec 2021.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 85
View attachment 310530

the "triple corrie" is moving averages, which are useless in trading... one time it will produce a crossover and the next time it will produce a breakout... but you wont know which is which... which means that the "triple corrie" is "triple useless".

any math professor can confirm that a moving average does not predict the future.

i am sure that they love you at the forex factory.
You could always try the other end of the stick:)

Bless the recent posts.....

guys i've been in Forex for 21 years and other markets much longer ......you have no idea what i can do alongside the talented team i have assembled over those years.......and never will

so go have nice days ...and don't bother the grown ups here again .....you will embarrass yourselves ....

trust me
N

Forex Diary for the week ending 17th Dec 2021

[Link deleted]

average week for volatility .....

BULLS
good week for quite a few currencies....

Red GBP ....massive push to +100 pips by Thursday
Green USD was useful at +70 by Wednesday
Orange AUD did ok as well getting to +70 Thursday

BEARS
Brown CAD Dominated the selling to -140s by Wednesday.....then came South again Friday

Trades of the week ?

Sell Sell Sell CAD in pairs to wednesday - 1 way street
the Fading USD and JPY currencies offered some great trades into Thursday
Friday saw the return of the Bear CAD for trades

Strengthmeters give me a tremendous insight into the FX market, but very few Forex Traders use them in their Trading..... a real shame as you need every edge possible to make consistent money !

The many Free indicators I offer are the tip of the Iceberg in what I now use to make money....but they are a great introduction to relative strength trading !

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 17th Dec 2021.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 17th Dec 2021.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 310530

the "triple corrie" is moving averages, which are useless in trading... one time it will produce a crossover and the next time it will produce a breakout... but you wont know which is which... which means that the "triple corrie" is "triple useless".

any math professor can confirm that a moving average does not predict the future.

i am sure that they love you at the forex factory.
no shit sherlock .....

Merry Xmas gang......hope you had a good trading year

take care in 2022
N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator indicator xmas 2021.JPG
    fxcorrelator indicator xmas 2021.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 91
Merry Xmas gang......hope you had a good trading year

take care in 2022
N
Merry Xmas to you too N
and congratulations for getting value from an indicator that even the self professed creator couldnt. clearly one is a trader, the other just a programmer. could have been a great team

#1 - as a beginner nothing will be profitable ....you need to learn to trade
#2 - as an intermediate you will gradually find strategies that seem to resonate with you
#3 - as an advanced trader you will incorporate everything you have learned into those strategies
#4 - as a master you will make money from Constant evolution and improvement

N

Forex Diary for the YEAR 2021

its that time again ......so what happened in Forex 2021 ?

BULLS
Brown CAD dominated 2021 .....only fading a little in Q4

RED GBP was a Decent Bull at times but second half was weaker

Green USD Impressed greatly in the second half of the Year

BEARS
Dominated by yellow JPY and the most divergent currency in 2021 (it beat CADS Bull plays)
2 massive run downs in the year, plus a third forming through December.....

Blue Euro has been a slow burner Sell.....zzzzzz

not sure what 2022 will bring but i'm confident by using relative strength combined with more standard strategies it will be a decent trading year ...

have a happy new year gang !
NVP

Attachments

• fxcorrelator indicator 2021.JPG
    fxcorrelator indicator 2021.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Forex Diary for JAN 2022

my first real post of action in 2022 ....first 3 weeks

BULLS
Brown CAD dominating 2022
RED GBP decent at times but fading now
Yellow JPY trying hard ....

BEARS
Green USD has had a bad start to 2022, its trying to recover at moment
Turquoise NZD is getting rammed at the moment

not sure what 2022 will bring but i'm confident by using relative strength combined with more standard strategies it will be a decent trading year ...

enjoy the weekend gang....
NVP

Attachments

• Forex Diary jan 2022.JPG
    Forex Diary jan 2022.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
UKRAINE

Fear / Risk off plays are happening in January again...(Nov was also great)

Ukraine situation weighing heavily again in all forex dialogue

Buy priority is the yellow JPY pairs (and also CHF , USD pairs) on dips .....dont try to be clever ...please

N

Attachments

• ukraine2.JPG
    ukraine2.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 78
  • UKRAINE.JPG
    UKRAINE.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 78
  • ukraine3.JPG
    ukraine3.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Forex Diary Week ending 28th Jan 2022

BULL
The Green USD .....nothing else came close to this epic move....superb !

BEARS
Everything else ......it was a 1 way street selling currencies into the Bull USD

I was hoping for more JPY this week but no complaints in me hitting the USD bull train instead ...

enjoy the rest of the weekend gang....
NVP

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 28th Jan 2022.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 28th Jan 2022.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Forex Diary Weeks ending 4th Feb 2022

BULL
The Blue Euro .....nothing else came close to this epic move....superb !
Red GBP had some strength at times ....marginal

BEARS
Everything else ......it was a 1 way street selling currencies into the Bull Euro
Green USD and Yellow JPY made this a real easy choice of pairs buy EU and EJ

NVP

Attachments

• Forex Diary week ending 4TH FEB 2022.JPG
    Forex Diary week ending 4TH FEB 2022.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 67